Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Good Gynaecologist in Tunbridge Wells

(7 Posts)
dibrahim Fri 16-Oct-15 09:46:22

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good Gynaecologist in Tunbridge wells? I am moving there from London in a couple of months, and we plan on starting to get pregnant naturally around that time, and I wish to see someone good to start that journey with them. Any recommendations appreciated. It could be in a Hospital or Medical/Fertility centre.

Thanks,

Dina

ispyfispi Fri 16-Oct-15 15:37:28

Genuinely confused why you need a gynaecologist to get pregnant naturally? Round here we usually just give the GP a call once we have a bfp and they'll put you in touch with a midwife. Most women I know do all they can to avoid seeing a consultant hoping for a nice low risk pregnancy. If I'm missing something I can certainly ask around for recommendations. Good Luck! Tunbridge Wells is lovely smile

dibrahim Fri 16-Oct-15 16:04:54

Thank you for your reply. I have polycystic ovaries so initially just need to do some routine check ups to ensure everything is in order. Thanks

Niki18 Fri 16-Oct-15 19:16:38

Avoid pembury hospital!! I had some problems with cysts at the beginning of the year and the gynocologist i saw was awful!! Kept pushing the coil on me even though I said we wanted to try for a baby and then gave me as little info as possible about condition etc I would avoid there at all costs!! Good luck with everything smile

dibrahim Sat 17-Oct-15 12:11:53

Thank you Niki18, where did you end up going in the end?

Niki18 Sat 17-Oct-15 14:26:30

I just ended up back at my gp's as had so many unanswered questions and was actually waiting for a referral to a gynocologist when found out was pregnant so never got much further I'm afraid. Sorry can't be more help smile

Tootsiepops Sun 18-Oct-15 03:51:54

You'll probably struggle to get an NHS referral to gynae within an acceptable amount of time - particularly if you already have a diagnosis and are simply looking at routine tests.

If you're going down the private route, there's Nuffield, Care Fertility, or the Wells suite at Pembury hospital.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: