Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do people get nightmares while they're pregnant?

(23 Posts)
macdat Fri 16-Oct-15 00:02:03

I don't know if it's connected, but everything else that's weird right now seems to be connected to pregnancy. I've just been having really weird, quite frequent, nightmares since I've been pregnant.
So, do people get nightmares while they're pregnant?

bluewisteria Fri 16-Oct-15 00:10:34

I have. Repeated dreams my DD2 will put baby in washing machine and turn it on! And i can't crack it open. Argh!

She's a lovely child grin

fatandfurious5 Fri 16-Oct-15 00:56:14

Not nightmares as such (yet) but have been having vivid dreams every night recently, not explicitly baby related though. Maybe I'm in denial about it all.

Flambola Fri 16-Oct-15 04:01:53

Yes - vivid, terrible nightmares which simultaneously make me feel guilty!

Haggisfish Fri 16-Oct-15 04:33:34

Yes I did, especially about my husband abandoning me! He didn't.

Sighing Fri 16-Oct-15 05:51:26

Yes. Very vivid dreams lovely/ terrifying/ gory/ sexy. Every hour awake and asleep feels as though this little one is making themselves known!

princesspineapple Fri 16-Oct-15 07:12:08

Omg the dreams! Nobody tells you how scary/bonkers they are going to be, do they?!
I thought I was going mad or was secretly depressed... But my midwife assures me it's very normal, just one more to add to the list of hormone-induced joys!
My OH has to wake me near enough every night because I'm crying/squeaking in fear in my sleep... We like to think of it as preparation for waking up all night with baby! grin

louisejxxx Fri 16-Oct-15 07:17:19

Yes same here in both pregnancies. Not necessarily nightmares, but dreams that were vivid enough that I'd wake up both feeling as though whatever I'd dreamt had actually happened, and felt as though I'd not slept a wink because my mind had been in overdrive.

bruffin Fri 16-Oct-15 07:19:01

I dreamed i ate my baby. Iny dream it seemed their was a choice if having a quick thrill of this delcious delecacy or wait for the pleasure of a baby. I went for the quick thrill in the form of a hamburger. I then regretted it and was remorseful. I was woken from the dream by ds given me a huge kick as if to say dont worry mummy i am still here.
That was 20 years ago and i can still remember it with such clarity.confused

wonkylegs Fri 16-Oct-15 07:20:51

I have very vivid dreams that feel real - this morning it took myself 10mins to realise my hospital appointment was just a dream (thank god because my mum - who is bonkers was there too being a nuisance).

cth1982 Fri 16-Oct-15 10:23:12

YES! Although none have been baby related oddly enough - just all very unpleasant. Will be one thing I'll be glad to be rid of!

AmyLouKin Fri 16-Oct-15 11:01:35

I've always had vivid dreams but I am getting even more at the moment. I've always rather liked it though and as they are not scary (very often) I'm not all that bothered by them!

PosterEh Fri 16-Oct-15 11:04:18

I'm having vivid dreams too. Last week dh did something terrible in a dream (not sure I ever remembered what though) and I woke up furious with him.

AnnaMarlowe Fri 16-Oct-15 11:04:21

Yes, it's pretty common. Don't worry.

I had extremely vivid dreams of all types. Went away after the babies were born.

PosterEh Fri 16-Oct-15 11:05:41

judt remembered when I was heavily pregnant last time my dreams involved looking after lots of newborns but they were never humans - I gave birth to lots of tiger cubs, puppies and kittens in dreams.

Theonethatgotaway772 Fri 16-Oct-15 11:11:11

With both my pregnancies I used to dream of planes crashing into the houses opposite my house.

MoriartyIsMyAngel Fri 16-Oct-15 11:26:13

Yes, I did. I had night time hallucinations as well (and a very neurotic psychic-stuff-obsessed partner who was always ready to inform me 'It wasn't a dream...' So helpful...)

Brummiegirl15 Fri 16-Oct-15 13:11:52

Oh my god yes. Vivid dreams are a thing for me. I always know when I'm expecting a BFP because I get trippy dreams.

In fact when I first tested for this pregnancy I got a negative as too early but I knew I must be due to the dreams.

I dream that me and DP were having sex on stage at a Gary Barlow concert, whilst Gazza was performing.

And last week I dreamt I shagged my Sales Director blush

Oh the shame

PrincessPunzie Fri 16-Oct-15 13:20:01

Yes. I only found out I was pregnant a fortnight ago and have had lots of horrible dreams since then, as well as waking up at night with the panicked feeling that something awful is about to happen. I'm quite anxious about my pregnancy so I'm presuming this is some sort of subconscious manifestation of those fears.

glitterbomb80 Fri 16-Oct-15 15:06:06

Yes, super vivid dreams. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not so much. For instance, I dreamed that my dog bit me the other night - and must have flailed about in my sleep and managed to smash a water glass at the side of the bed!

macdat Fri 16-Oct-15 19:37:48

Wow

macdat Fri 16-Oct-15 19:39:42

Oops. Wow, this is so funny lol. All your dreams sound funny as well as weird. Some are scary, like the washing machine baby or the burger baby. I can't believe nobody warns people about this beforehand haha. I had one really sad one that I had to kill a dog on an abandoned estate and it was looking me in the eyes while I did it. It really stuck with me, more than the nightmares even.

Gutterflower Fri 16-Oct-15 19:47:06

I had dreams throughout my pregnancy about crocodiles eating people. Very vivid dreams!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now