Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you cope with fatigue?

(5 Posts)
rubybloom2 Wed 14-Oct-15 14:27:07

The exhaustion I suffered for the first 14 weeks or so really got me down. I would nap during my lunch break and have to nap again as soon as I got home from work around 6pm, have dinner and then be ready for bed by 9pm. I had no motivation for anything like seeing friends or doing fun things with my husband.

The past couple of months have been better and I’ve managed to drop the naps and feel a bit more normal. However, now I’m 24 weeks and feel like the exhaustion is coming back. I was ready for bed at 8.30pm last night and I’m sat here at my desk after lunch and can barely keep my eyes open. I just can’t see how I can sustain this for 10 more weeks of work. I can't concentrate on anything.

I work part-time in a desk job and run my own business from home for the rest of the week, which sometimes involves being on my feet. I don’t do a huge amount of exercise, but walk 35 minutes to work on the three days I’m in the office.

I have a MW appoint next week so will talk it all through with her, but are offers suffering exhaustion like this? How do you cope?!

RidingSixWhiteHorses Wed 14-Oct-15 14:28:38

I had this. Gestational diabetes diagnoses at 32 weeks (though I passed the 20 week test) and a low gi diet, whilst annoying and boring, has made it a lot better.

GrouchyKiwi Wed 14-Oct-15 14:40:16

I'm not coping. I'm 8 weeks into my third pregnancy, and my DDs are 3 1/2 and 14 months. I do what I can to rest during the day, but that's not a lot.

I'm really looking forward to the second trimester. I can't remember when I was last this tired.

Hope MW can help you.

clarabellski Wed 14-Oct-15 15:01:50

flowers ruby.

If you're still feeling like you could take a nap after work, take it. A few months of a quieter social life are no bad thing in the grand scheme of life. I am loving having the odd nap after work. I felt stupidly guilty about it during the first trimester but got over it - you're growing a new human in there! Of course it is tiring! Also, between weeks 21 - 24 they really start to gain weight so the little parasites are really sucking the life force out of you! Don't feel guilty, embrace the hibernation instinct!

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 14-Oct-15 15:12:28

Yes I'm exactly like this. 7.30pm is my new bedtime. I'm 29 weeks now and seem to be getting even worse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now