Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnant forever club

(263 Posts)
artyone Tue 13-Oct-15 19:23:14

I'm 39+6 today. Started getting texts and calls asking where baby is etc. no sign of baby. Feeling pretty ragey. First was 9 days late. This one is comfy. Is anyone else also feeling like they'll be pregnant FOREVER?

lovemakespeace Tue 13-Oct-15 19:37:45

My babies came 40+16 and 40+10. I am pregnant with DC3 and if anyone asks the dute date is going to very very vague!! ;)

Every sympathy for you though. I get very antisocial at the end. Although they are generally more trouble out than in I think....

CishAndFips Tue 13-Oct-15 19:41:27

By dates I am 38+4 this is wrong though I have actually been pregnant forever and I am very fed up.

artyone Tue 13-Oct-15 19:43:10

I should have been more vague. I'm a rubbish liar though. I can't wait to have it out to be honest. I know they are trouble when they are out but I want to get on with my life. grin
You have my sympathies at going 16 days over!

artyone Tue 13-Oct-15 19:43:59

Cish I will cross my fingers that you go early. Not before me though as that wouldn't be fair smile

Llouh Tue 13-Oct-15 19:44:35

I'm only 38+4 but I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever and I can't remember what it was like to not be pregnant.

I was feeling optimistic and put some wine in my fridge to drink when he's here. I think it will have been there awhile before it gets opened sad

manateeandcake Tue 13-Oct-15 20:07:01

Yes! 39+4 today but never thought I'd go this long -- I was induced at 37 weeks exactly with DD due to cholestasis and thought I'd either get it again or give birth early anyway. I suppose I just didn't believe it was possible (for me) to be this pregnant! I told everyone I expected to go early as well so I feel like I'm already overdue even though technically not. PLUS I had a sweep 8 days ago; the Dr said my cervix was "very favourable" and I had a show the following evening, so was convinced things were kicking off and it's all been v anticlimactic since then ...

I have another sweep booked for Friday (my due date). Fingers crossed! Time is starting to do strange things, I'm incredibly moody and finding it difficult to look after DD (nearly 3). I'd prefer to avoid induction, even though it wasn't a bad experience last time. I just really want to experience going into labour naturally.

Llouh Champagne in the fridge here, extremely well chilled by now!

percythepenguin Tue 13-Oct-15 20:29:13

I'm 40+6 today and feeling VERY ragey, first was born at 39+2 so I was sure I'd have this one early. I have a bottle of wine in the fridge that's been there from 38 weeks...

Flambola Tue 13-Oct-15 20:36:48

I've been pregnant for 17 out of 18 months!

artyone Tue 13-Oct-15 20:42:54

I feel like I should get some champagne in the fridge now, but it might just make the baby later grin
Percy, the rage is real isn't it? I'm feeling rage with everyone, especially anyone who dares to have a baby before their due date.

percythepenguin Tue 13-Oct-15 21:07:55

Yes it is, mainly aimed at my neighbour who is texting every time she sees DH's car is away at an unusual time because she's a nosy cow who wants to be first to know when something happens, ffs we're now making plans to ensure she doesn't find anything out! And if one more person says 'it'll come when it's ready' angry

percythepenguin Tue 13-Oct-15 21:10:06

Really need to get off my arse and bounce on my ball for a while but it just leads to tightenings which give me false hope ??

CishAndFips Tue 13-Oct-15 21:15:59

Thank you arty I'm panicking as my mum and dad go away on the 21st 3 days before my due date. I know DH will look after me but not the same as my mum would it's making me very emotional but also very ragey. Also if one more person tells me I'm huge I may have to high five them....in the face, and breath.

lovemakespeace Tue 13-Oct-15 22:08:29

This article really resonated with me at the end of my second pregnancy:

www.mothering.com/articles/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between/

Defo during an emotional moment not a ragey one! If a ragey one you might want to punch someone after reading ;)

You will have your babies soon ladies. Good luck!

TakesTwoToTango Tue 13-Oct-15 23:04:07

Good luck ladies! If it helps at all, with my last dc I would have said I wasn't going into labour anytime soon and had no signs at all, right up until the moment my waters went with a pop and regular contractions kicked off within about 30 mins. Baby born 10 hrs later. Hopefully despite the lack of obvious signs, labour is just around the corner for you!

percythepenguin Wed 14-Oct-15 11:23:16

TakesTwo, that's what I was like with my first, no signs of anything and then just woke at 7am, had two contractions and waters went pop, this time has been completely different, have had loads to tightenings for the past 2 weeks as a couple of days where tightenings were so regular I was sure something was starting, this baby is trying to tease me!

artyone Fri 16-Oct-15 16:04:11

I hope something happens soon. I'm 40+2 now. Had no signs last time, contractions just suddenly started, had loads of signs this time, BHs etc but nothing yet..

Iamnotloobrushphobic Fri 16-Oct-15 16:42:22

I am 40+2 today too and I am totally fed up. I was offered a sweep at my antenatal appointment this morning but my labia is so swollen and sore that I couldn't face a sweep especially as only a quarter or so are successful. This is my third baby and the others have arrived at 38+5 and 40+2 without any prior warning signs. With this baby I have had shed loads of braxton hicks, my mucus plug was lost a week ago and the head is engaged but still no signs of labour starting.
I am so sore and fed up that I literally feel like crying.

WombOfOnesOwn Fri 16-Oct-15 17:43:29

My mother went to 43+3, and my grandmother went to a full 44+1!

People say, oh, but people didn't know their dates so well back then...but my grandmother, especially, knew EXACTLY when she'd gotten pregnant, as it was the one and only time in her first marriage where they managed to have sex...and her husband died later that day, less than a month into their marriage, leaving her a 16 year old pregnant widow. So she was actually quite sure of her dates, my family is just made up of slow cookers, apparently.

I'm just at 22 weeks today. I'm telling myself I'm basically just now getting to the halfway point, because if I plan on a 40 week baby I know I'll be upset and impatient!

manateeandcake Fri 16-Oct-15 20:24:14

40+0 today! Had a second sweep and not much progress since the last one 10 days ago, Bishops score of 6. Am I regretting having spent the last six months saying, "I just know this baby is coming early?" You bet I am.
Good luck and good strong labour vibes to all.

CishAndFips Fri 16-Oct-15 20:29:00

I'm still here also. Sweep booked for Wednesday. Getting more and more fed up as the days go on.

3littlebadgers Sat 17-Oct-15 20:07:46

I was pregnant for 40+5 and very impatient, and my little hold was stillborn, less than two months later I found myself pregnant again. I'm now nearly 24 weeks. I very much feel like I have been pregnant forever.
Waves at Flambola who also knows what it feels like to be pregnant forever and have nothing to show for it (apart from a tiny grave that is ).

JassyRadlett Sat 17-Oct-15 20:22:14

I'm 39+4, signs of early labour but they keep. bloody. stopping.

DS was born on his due date and was 9 and a half pounds, and this one has consistently measured 2+ weeks ahead in terms of size, including at scans. I have now been sick at least once every day for more than 8 months.

I am ready for this to be over, please and thank you.

Everything crossed for you, badgers and flambola. flowers

3littlebadgers Sat 17-Oct-15 20:27:35

Jassy don't let them fob you off. I was stop start for two weeks, I'd got to 3cm and the contractions would tail off. I told them I really felt as if I needed my waters breaking and they didn't listen until it was too late. Once they broke my waters dd was delivered in less than 3 hours. sad they even said in labour 'you know your own body!' Wish they'd thought that when I was begging them to break my waters I might still have my precious child.
best of luck x

JassyRadlett Sat 17-Oct-15 20:33:44

Thanks badgers - very good advice. Still got lots of activity and movement so just hoping the cramping goes up a gear soon. It's still at the 'is it or isn't it' stage, unfortunately.

With DS I woke up in what was very obviously labour. I'm kind of nostalgic...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: