Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Placental seperation

(6 Posts)
Blil3 Tue 13-Oct-15 19:18:27

I'm currently 9 weeks +4 and unfortunately have had some bleeding. Had a scan a fortnight ago and all was well, then bled bright red blood so had another early scan. Babies heart is still beating but they said the placenta had slightly separated from the uterus. The doctor said that at the minute they are not concerned as baby had grown in a fortnight. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this in their first trimester? I wasn't given any more information and just been left feeling a bit clueless.
I've also currently got a chest infection and the constant coughing has made my abdomen so sore.
Thanks ladies.

docmcstuffins1 Wed 14-Oct-15 07:08:27

Can't rally offer any advice as no experience of this, but didn't want to just read and run. How awful for you to be going through such a stressful time, and feeling ill too! Fingers crossed for you that everything stays ok. thanks

Blil3 Wed 14-Oct-15 20:08:01

Thank you for your reply docmcstuffins, just counting down the next three weeks until my next scan with my fingers and toes crossed that whatever the placenta is doing it doesn't affect the baby.

kinkytoes Thu 15-Oct-15 21:09:44

That sounds worrying, glad all seems ok so far though. Can your midwife offer you any reassurance? Have you had your booking in appt yet?

TeamSteady Fri 16-Oct-15 14:01:28

I had this with ds2.

At 13 weeks pg I stood up at a friends house and gushed huge amount of blood. Obviously huge panic. Rushed off to hospital. Cervix not open. Picked up heartbeat. They said just rest and what will be will be...

This happened twice more at 14 and 15.5 weeks. Huge amounts of blood suddenly- it was terrifying.

My mw was useless and v unsupportive, very doom and gloom. I particularly remember an appointment at around 15 weeks where she basically told me she was sure i was going to miscarry but was so unsupportive and matter of fact.

A scan showed the placenta was peeling away in one edge. I was sent for scans every two weeks from 13-about 18 weeks. However, after 16 weeks the site seemed to heal itself.

Obviously it was a really frightening time. However, it may not be as bad as you think.

I did have any further bleeding and went on to have ds at 39w.

good luck

Blil3 Mon 19-Oct-15 18:25:17

Thank you so much for your reply teamsteady. It is very reassuring to hear from someone who has gone through a similar experience and it is fantastic to hear you had DS successfully. I'm sorry to hear about your midwife, that is a terrible way to treat an expectant mum! I have just felt let down by the lack of information, but I have also not yet contacted my midwife, mainly because I was second guessing what she would say and I thought I'd just bury my head instead! I am going to contact my midwife tomorrow kinkytoes, the bright red bleeding occurred 3 days after my booking in appointment. I'm not one to sit down and rest much but I'm on my second week of antibiotics for chest infection so I think my body is trying to tell me to slow down! Thank you again ladies, I really appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: