Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this weight gain normal?

(4 Posts)
blondiejess1982 Fri 09-Oct-15 20:48:25

I am freaking out a bit because I am nearly 16 weeks and have gained a stone already. I know everyone is different but everything medical or official I read says this is too much and I am a bit worried. I have not been working out as much as pre pregnancy but still about 4/5 times a week. I haven't been as strict with the diet but not been scoffing down shed loads of junk or piling my plate up or anything like that. confused

Runningupthathill82 Fri 09-Oct-15 21:39:19

I've gained two stone at 25 weeks blush - still running and doing weights, not eating particularly badly. I have no idea how, but there you go.

I'm convinced it's largely down to chance. With DS, I did nowhere near as much exercise and ate more crap, but had only gained around 7lb by this point. It makes no sense.

So you're not alone, don't worry!

spnfan Sat 10-Oct-15 08:49:36

3 stone at 29weeks here!! I really wouldn't worry about it. smile

Personally I was quite strict with food before being pregnant so I'm enjoying being more relaxed about it. It's probably healthier for me too.

Also this from Google:

"Here is an approximate breakdown of your weight gain:

Baby: 7-8 pounds
Placenta: 1-2 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
Uterus: 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
Maternal blood : 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
Maternal fat and nutrient stores: 7 pounds"

whatlifestylechoice Sat 10-Oct-15 08:56:15

I have found my people! I'm 17 weeks and have put on 12 pounds, which every scale tells me is too much.
To be fair, I have been eating too much, so I need to cut that back, but I've nearly always eaten this much and got away with it (bmi within the normal range, pre-pregnancy). It's not like I've suddenly started snacking on lard pies.
I'm seeing the midwife on Monday, so I'm going to ask her about it then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now