Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 weeks and 5 wees a night??!!

(12 Posts)
Sleeplessinnorthlondon Fri 09-Oct-15 09:34:29

Normally been posting about grim things on MN so sort of nice (ish!) to be bit more light hearted but wondered if anyone else waking up as much as me to go to the loo at the moment! So so tired half think need to kick work in earlier than planned as literally not sleeping more than 2 hrs straight! Anyone else in same boat?

doomclaw Fri 09-Oct-15 11:13:06

Yes! 34 weeks here and I was up 5 times between 11pm and 6am last night which is the worst yet. I think it is because baby has changed position and is putting more pressure on my bladder. I am counting down the days (13 left) at work because the tiredness makes it hard to concentrate.

MissSMartin Fri 09-Oct-15 14:52:29

I'm only 25weeks and for the past 4 weeks I've been up at least 5 times a night for a wee.. its more like everyhour haha.. at work 2 weeks ago i actually had to have a wee 5 times in 1 hour and i had only had one small vending machine decaf! GREAT isn't it! wink

Doublebubblebubble Fri 09-Oct-15 14:57:42

I am 40+5 (*get this kid out of me!!*) and well there is no let up in the peeing department even now... I have to be winched out of bed about 5 times a night because I cannot physically get up from a prone position quick enough... My poor dh.

Skiptonlass Fri 09-Oct-15 15:03:06

Oh yeah. I was up once an hour. Bladder like a peanut.

Had a catheter after my c section and I had six litres of wee on day one!! Absolute madness, but strangely fun to be able to drink with impunity ;) I kept waking up thinking "I should pee... Oh... Wait, no.."

Sleeplessinnorthlondon Fri 09-Oct-15 15:16:38

Glad is not just me suffering but sorry for all of you!!!! Sounds grim but would almost want a catheter!!! xxx

jellypi3 Fri 09-Oct-15 17:06:24

i'm 24 +1 and have been up in the night at least 5 times a night to pee. It's so much fun!

Metalhead Fri 09-Oct-15 17:52:24

I'm already looking forward to my post-section catheter skipton! grin

I've been getting up at least 2-3 times during the night throughout this whole pregnancy, but this last week (I'm 31+4 today) it seems to have ramped up even more. Baby also starts kicking as soon as I get into bed every night, and it feels like she's sitting right on my bladder. The joys!

FellOutOfBedTwice Fri 09-Oct-15 17:57:32

By 35 weeks I was in tena lady pads because I was convinced I would end up pissing myself. I never actually did but it was a close thing a few times as- as a PP poster says- I couldn't move quick enough for the urgency in my bladder!

I think it's pretty normal but that doesn't make it fun.

lorza03 Sun 18-Oct-15 08:55:26

If feel your pain. I'm 36+4 and I get up every hour and a half every night. It's very frustrating. I just keep thinking its practice for when the baby arrives !

nomez92 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:04:03

I'm 33 weeks and feeling exactly the same! I like to think it's our bodies getting us into the broken sleep routine so it's not so much a shock to the system when baby arrives wink

mumchkin Mon 19-Oct-15 03:59:28

This has been driving me nuts. I was going 7 times a night at 28 weeks. I've managed to trim that back a bit by using a pregnancy pillow (those ridiculous long body-shaped things). I think elevating my leg takes the pressure off and means I can sleep for 2-3 hours instead of 1 hour. Also installed night lights along the (long) route to the bathroom so I don't fully wake up from turning lights on and I try to remain calm about the whole thing so I don't get back into bed stressed and angry and unable to get back to sleep. Oh the joys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now