Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38+2 HELP!!!

(18 Posts)
haylosler91 Tue 29-Sep-15 21:53:23

Ok so i know people are going to judge with this one...
But if your going to comment bad things please dont comment.

Im 38+2 and im really fed up of being pregnant now, constant aches and pains are so uncomfortable.
Pains in my bum, pains in my side, pains like im on a period and back pains.
Does anyone have any techniques that will help bring on labour. Baby is only 3/5 engaged.
I do have a good reason as to why i want him out early, but thats personal.

Someone must have something helpful... PLEASE!!

mummyneedinganswers Tue 29-Sep-15 22:12:55

I'm not sure anything is guaranteed to work to bring on labour.

Not going to judge as I'm only 31 weeks so I could be saying the same in 7 weeks.

People say
Pineapple
Raspberry leaf tea
Hot hot curry
Hot bath
Evening primrose oil
Good long walk
Sex

But to be honest I think babies just come when they are ready x

Quietlygoingmad67 Tue 29-Sep-15 22:14:32

Gosh good luck I was 40+12 with first one so clearly nothing I tried ever worked!!

GayByrne Tue 29-Sep-15 22:15:03

Nipple stimulation is the only thing that is scientifically proven to work.

ShowOfHands Tue 29-Sep-15 22:15:33

Nothing works. Nothing at all. All scientific evidence backs this up. You cannot bring on labour. I can go through that list and explain why each theory categorically does not work but believe me, it's easiest just to tell you that nothing works.

If you are in a lot of pain and struggling, have you tried talking to your midwife?

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Tue 29-Sep-15 22:18:29

I don't know if when you say don't comment with bad things you meant judgy things or negative stories?
So sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.
I tried everything. EVERYTHING. Even fucking acupuncture. Nothing worked. DD came 40+13, naturally. DH and I are always late to everything so I can't say I'm surprised.

Good luck, baby comes when baby's ready. flowerscake

BeeMyBaby Tue 29-Sep-15 22:18:29

I think also trying to express milk can help bring on contractions which is why you shouldn't do it before 37 weeks (I've heard of people wanting to build up a milk supply prior to baby's arrival).

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Tue 29-Sep-15 22:20:24

Trying to express milk and nipple stimulation didn't work for me.

Iloveonionchutney Tue 29-Sep-15 22:21:31

I'm 38+2 today too and incredibly uncomfortable, I went 13 days over with my first so if you find the answer let me know!
I think unfortunately they will come when they are ready despite what we try.

KatyN Tue 29-Sep-15 22:26:35

I'm afraid I tried everything too and in the end mine was pulled out at 42 weeks. Unless you have a medical reason and can be induced I'm afriad you might be wasting your time.good luck kxx

MagicDucky Tue 29-Sep-15 22:31:27

Get an exercise ball! Doesn't really help but it is super fun!

purplemunkey Tue 29-Sep-15 22:39:14

Sorry, another one who tried everything listed above and went all the way to 40+13.

I know it's not fun but unfortunately it just happens when it happens, you can't force it.

Penfold007 Tue 29-Sep-15 22:45:07

Unless you are induced or go for a c section nothing will safely bring on labour.

RainbowRoses Tue 29-Sep-15 22:48:11

I tried everything and DC were 40+10 and 40+13

haylosler91 Wed 30-Sep-15 14:43:08

Thankyou all for the replies.
Guess hes going to come when hes ready then.
Just didnt want him to come on the same day my daughter was born as he is due the exact same day.

Hopefully if i speak to my doctor and explain i dont want him to be born on the same day as her because shes been adopted he might do something.
I dont want to end up with postnatal depression or whatever because of it thats all.
So just thought id see if there was anything out there that helped, and by bad comments i just meant negative ones like ive seen on some posts calling people because theyre asking this question x

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 30-Sep-15 15:26:37

Nothing is proven to work that I know of.
As for negative comments, I'll admit I've made some in the past but ONLY when posters are trying to get their baby out prematurely (I saw one recently at 34 weeks!) for no particular reason. And I'm only trying to be helful to those posters as having a prem isn't fun. You're entitled to be fed up at term though smile

Skiptonlass Wed 30-Sep-15 15:53:22

Well being hideously Uncomfy at not even 38 weeks I feel your pain...smile the last few weeks suck!

Aren't only 5% of babies born on due date anyway? It's more likely he won't be born on due date than he will.

Your doc won't induce for such a reason, it's just not medically justified. Honestly they come out when they're ready smile nothing works.

GayByrne Wed 30-Sep-15 20:44:32

Btw you need to do it (nipple stimulus) for at least three hours a day!!!

shock

I'd hate that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now