Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DP and I have no sex drive

(4 Posts)
CaramelFrappe Mon 28-Sep-15 13:19:14

Is this normal? I'm 28 weeks and the last time DP and I had sex was when I was about 21 weeks. I asked him the other day why he hasn't initiated sex in quite a while and he said that he's not interested in sex. Neither am I but I do wonder when we will ever have sex as I feel as if he's not being affectionate enough sad

scatterbrainedlass Mon 28-Sep-15 13:32:40

It's not uncommon at all, but if your partner is willing to talk about it, maybe try and find out why? Pregnancy can really affect your sex drive, some women get really horny, others lose interest altogether. Add in the fact that as you get bigger, sex gets more awkward and uncomfortable. Quite often partners worry about hurting you or the baby, or back off because they think you don't want sex. If this is the case, try being intimate in other ways. In some cases, seeing their partner heavily pregnant can be a turn-off for some men. Hopefully everything will go back to normal once the baby has arrived and you have settled down again, but do try and at least be affectionate and attentive to each other in the meantime, if sex is completely off the cards.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 28-Sep-15 13:33:27

My dp went off sex too as soon as he started to feel the baby move he said he wasn't comfortable doing it as she was so real now.

lemon101 Mon 28-Sep-15 13:43:08

30 weeks here and much the same tbh. I don't think we've had any action for a couple of weeks now and even then at the last sesh I was more going through the motions than really loving it.

My dh has picked up on my loss of desire and he now isn't terribly up for it, which is a shame because now I'm feeling like I could be persuaded!

Sex during pregnancy has been 'interesting' throughout. I can't say that I have enjoyed it nearly as much as non-pregnant. I don't feel overly confident with my body, I can't exactly move too swiftly and a kicking baby is a bit of a distractor/passion killer. It's taken a bit of getting used to from dh too and while he loves my new shape I'm not sure its an erotic thing for him either.

I imagine we'll get back on it in a few weeks and things do seem to change from week to week. I am looking forward to a post birth shag (even if it will take a while and I'm not sure how we'll feel then with tiredness, baby nearby etc!).

Do you get enough kissing/cuddling in with your DP even if you are not at it like rabbits?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now