Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

tall maternity wear??

(17 Posts)
tiggsy Thu 30-Nov-06 19:30:53

hey, i'm 5'11 and can't seem to find nice maternity trousers for tall people anywhere. tried my local dp's as have bought trousers there before but no good. anyone had any luck elsewhere?

LubyLoo Thu 30-Nov-06 21:03:52

Hi. I'm also 5'11 and found that Next long maternity trousers fitted really well. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

sallystrawberry Thu 30-Nov-06 21:04:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pelvicfloorSNOWmore Thu 30-Nov-06 21:08:29

Topshop do a longer length
Long Tall Sally (but pricey)
Next extra long maternity are good
H & M maternity wear is quite generous in length.

tiggsy Thu 30-Nov-06 21:39:33

thankyou, will try next i think. the one here is next to mothercare so good excuse for another look at baby stuff. (it's our first so both annoyingly excited!)

pelvicfloorSNOWmore Thu 30-Nov-06 21:41:08

Congratulations,when is baby due?
<nosy>

tiggsy Thu 30-Nov-06 21:55:24

not til next summer, seems so far away! lol

Dragonhart Thu 30-Nov-06 21:56:59

Long Tall Sally have a sale on this week end if that helps.

I am 6ft with a 36" inside leg and get so fed up with the lack of choice. Only ones I could find long enough were the LTS ones, so I have had a choice of two pairs of trousers for the last 8 months.

I did find some in Mothercare that were almost long enough but they were under the bump ones and kept falling down so I took them back. Next do do nice ones but think they only go up to 34" legs.

All depends how long your leg is. Most 'tall' maternity is 33", which is not tall in my book!

pelvicfloorSNOWmore Thu 30-Nov-06 21:57:27

Sleep till the summer then ,while you still have the chance

Dragonhart Thu 30-Nov-06 21:59:26

I also got this really nice skirt from Funmum. They do a tall range but think it only goes up to 33"

tiggsy Thu 30-Nov-06 22:01:25

that's what my sis said but can't sleep at all, think i'll just spend from now til then preparing for the sleepless nights!

MumtoBen Fri 01-Dec-06 20:54:37

I got a pair of XL trousers from Next which were fine. A friend of mine who is 6'1 got all her trousers in H&M

ninemonthsandcounting Mon 27-Jun-11 23:51:17

Message deleted

BagofHolly Tue 28-Jun-11 07:13:05

Isabella Olivier cut REALLY long. I had a dress from there last year, and even in 5" heels, at 5'8" it trailed the floor!

gemstarmum Wed 24-Oct-12 22:31:39

after much deliberatling I ordered some jeans from tall maternity store for my friend Jo tonight who has 36 inch pins! The OWNER even rang me to check the sizing and tell me the order woule be sent out tomorrow morning, how canny is that! I wouldnt expect that from the huge retailers! Will post some feedback when they arrive (jo's feedback) x

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Wed 24-Oct-12 22:33:36

Do you know this thread is from 2006? The baby is starting school by now! grin

Happykitten Wed 24-Oct-12 22:34:51

Tall maternity store is great and great service. I ordered a size bigger because I found them a bit on small side

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now