Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is my pregnancy test too faint?

(28 Posts)
Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy Fri 25-Sep-15 11:36:55

Hi. According to my dates I am 4+3. Took another test this morning and it pretty faint. What do ppl think? Should it be this faint?

Tutu1000 Fri 25-Sep-15 11:39:32

No that looks fine to me for what is quite an early test. Congratulations.

flanjabelle Fri 25-Sep-15 11:42:20

is it supposed to be a line or a cross. if line, that is not at all faint!! If cross, then sorry I can't see it.

Iloveonionchutney Fri 25-Sep-15 11:42:47

Looks normal to me, mine wasn't any darker than that at 7 weeks. Congratulations smile

nehagarg Fri 25-Sep-15 12:04:56

If its supposed to be 2 vertical lines, one each for test and control, then that looks like you are pregnant ... Congratulations Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy
flowers

Mine was waaaay lighter than that when I first tested. DH couldn't even see it.

clarabellski Fri 25-Sep-15 12:12:03

That's a very obvious positive! Congrats! cake

differentnameforthis Fri 25-Sep-15 12:22:31

Mine was fainter...she's 12 now.

Junosmum Fri 25-Sep-15 12:27:30

Mine was about that at 4+3

helybel Fri 25-Sep-15 12:31:34

Not too faint at all. None of mine were astoundingly strong lines and I'm carrying two!

sleepyelectricsheep Fri 25-Sep-15 12:34:17

That's not faint! I could hardly see the faint line on my first test. DP couldn't see it at all. My "faint line" is now a 2 year old!

Congratulations! flowers

horsewalksintoabar Fri 25-Sep-15 12:36:34

Nope. Totally normal. It'll darken over the next few days. But don't waste your money getting more tests just to see your line darken, promise?! Save that money for baby-gros! Your baby won't disappear. grin Congratulations!!! So exciting, isn't it?!!

Luciferbox Fri 25-Sep-15 12:36:57

My test was like that, 7 week old DS2 is currently asleep on me. Congratulations. thanks

Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy Fri 25-Sep-15 12:43:14

It's just a two lines one not a cross one. I worried as I went to the Drs to confirm and the rest was just like this. She first said it was negative but then said positive but very faint do I panicked.

Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy Fri 25-Sep-15 12:44:48

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Xx

Dixiechick17 Sat 26-Sep-15 03:59:35

For comparison, this is a Pic of my extremely faint positive, and the result of that is laying in her crib next to my bed as I type smile

Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy Sat 26-Sep-15 05:48:53

??

Eminybob Sat 26-Sep-15 06:34:50

My tests were all very faint with DS. I tested nearly every day for a about 2 weeks and they never got any darker! He's 14 months old now. A positive is a positive.

WhoTheFIsJeff Sat 26-Sep-15 07:52:22

That's not a faint line! That's definitely a positive!

Sgoinneal Sat 26-Sep-15 08:08:35

Ha, I was just about to come and ask the same thing... Even though I did a CB digital test and even though I know DS started as a faint line!

Congratulations smile

lilmisssunshine85 Fri 09-Oct-15 05:28:48

Ive had multiple faint positives on the home tests then did a digital test and it said "not pregnant" is what's showing on the normal tests my imagination tellingvme what i want to see or am i pregnant??? Im going crazy

lilmisssunshine85 Fri 09-Oct-15 05:57:30

??

helybel Fri 09-Oct-15 09:29:59

Lilmiss, when's your period due? I did a clearblue plus a few days before mine and it came up just like yours. I thought I'd missed my chance that month so was ecstatic to see what I thought was a faint positive. I'd done a test because my husband was taking me out for dinner and I wanted to know if I could have a glass of wine or not. I was so excited I ran out and got a digital to be sure, which was negative. Googled clearblue and read a load of posts about how they gave false positives. Had a little cry and then went out for dinner not mentioning any of this to husband. Had a glass of wine but actually barely had any as didn't fancy it.
Next day, whilst driving I felt car sick. I never get car sick. I went to the chemist and got a first response. Tested at work with midday urine and got a positive! Am 20 weeks pregnant. Was the next morning following the first response that I got a positive on the second digital in the pack. I think they just aren't as sensitive.

lilmisssunshine85 Fri 09-Oct-15 10:09:16

Hi helybel, my period is due in 2 weeks lol conception would have been the day my last period finished ... ive just now been doing some research and all the reviews on the clear blue digital are the same!! ?? congratulations on your pregnancy x ??????

Gosling90 Fri 09-Oct-15 11:37:57

Mine was more faint than that! You are pregnant, congratulations!

cheyene8772 Wed 09-Mar-16 05:33:07

Please someone tell i am not seeiing things?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now