Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Medical termination in the morning

(7 Posts)
Seed5516 Thu 24-Sep-15 21:38:58

This has to have been the hardest decision I have made, but me and my OH know it's something we need to do. we are in no place to have a child, but when we do have a child we both want to be able to give it everything we possibly can, and that's just not possible right now. I found out at 5 weeks, and I'm now 8 weeks today. I'm just really scared about tomorrow. It's the medical termination I'm having, so I have one tablet tomorrow and the other on Monday. I feel so confused about it and although we found out 3 weeks ago, my GP were rubbish and it's taken ages, making it feel even harder. My OH, mom and manager at work have been so supportive and I couldn't have done this without them. My OH has communicated with me constantly and really has been my rock, but I just don't think he entirely understands, it's my body and my baby. I know it's the right decision for us, but this doesn't make it any easier. Just feeling really crappy sad

sparechange Thu 24-Sep-15 21:45:47

Hand holding flowers
Hope you get some sleep tonight
You seem sure in your decision and your body, your choice. Hope it goes as well as these things can, and your DP is supportive and looks after you

winchester1 Thu 24-Sep-15 21:49:04

Hi sweetheart,

good on you for making a rational decision (hard with all those hormones rushing around) and sticking with it through the annoying 3 week wait
I did mine through surgical and quite a long time ago but as I remember the medical route is like a hard period.

Have you time to.take a few easy days and some chocolate, ibuprofen, Netflix etc to get you through?

It gets better. Personally once my.hormones settled I just knew I'd done the right thing.

MrsGentlyBenevolent Thu 24-Sep-15 21:56:41

Like others, I also felt better once it was all over. Be kind to yourself, you'll come through this ok. I was also in no position to have a child, and although it was such a tough decision, it was the right thing to do. Your time will come again, next time it will be right flowers.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 25-Sep-15 12:28:45

I had a termination about 7 years ago at approx the same gestation as you. It was terrible timing for us and would've meant life would've been unnecessarily difficult and complicated for a very long time. Fast forward and I'm pregnant with dc3, have a job I love and own a house. That picture would've been very different. It is much easier to deal with once it's done if that makes sense. I don't regret mine at all, I do think about it and wonder but not with upset. I hope it's done already and you're home recuperating

Seed5516 Sat 26-Sep-15 21:20:14

I want to thank everybody for the supportive messages. I'm new to mumsnet and have a lot of support at home, but after reading a lot of similar threads I wanted to do my own. The responses have been amazing. It's reassuring to hear from people with similar experiences. I had my second lot of tablets today and think I have passed the pregnancy sack. I also chose to see the scan yesterday at my first appt. I didn't know how I was going to react, but as soon as I saw it, I felt some sort of calmness came over me. As hard as this has been, I wanted to fully accept what was happening - and almost mourn for it. I'm not sure if that makes any sense but for me, I feel I have done the right thing. Thank you all again. At home now and OH is being amazing and even cooked dinner (only a pot noodle may I add, but that's more because I just wanted comfort food) I hope one day me and OH are sat in our own little home with a baby on the way smile

winchester1 Sat 26-Sep-15 21:29:50

Glad to hear you are doing well, take care your time will come flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now