Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump support band recommendations for pelvic pain?

(7 Posts)
u32ng Tue 22-Sep-15 21:41:40

I'm 29wks with DC2 and getting a lot of pelvic girdle pain, more than I had 1st time around.

Amongst the midwife's recommendations was to get a bump support band but I've no idea where to look and what would do the job.

Can anyone recommend one that helped with the pain?

Skiptonlass Wed 23-Sep-15 06:50:02

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000NIFVLW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1442987236&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=serola+belt&dpPl=1&dpID=51GmF604hXL&ref=plSrch
I have a serola belt. You can get them from
Amazon and probably other places too.

I tried one of the actual bump support belts which sort of hoicks your bump up but it didn't work for me.

Blimeygirl Wed 23-Sep-15 06:55:48

Yep another vote here for the serola belt it's keeping me sane at 25 weeks!

u32ng Wed 23-Sep-15 08:14:38

Thanks! Will look into that...

poocatcherchampion Wed 23-Sep-15 08:20:49

Without wanting to push in I am selling one of these. Size large. Pm me if interested

I found it really good - was recommended by a physio.

BexusSugarush Wed 23-Sep-15 09:40:44

At 26 weeks I have exactly the same problem. A friend of mine told me that a midwife won't help you but to make a doctors appointment instead, as they can refer you to a physiotherapist. The physio will show you some good exercises to do and measure you for a fitted support-band. Until my appointment is confirmed, I have been wearing supportive maternity tights which help a little and just moving around alot less. Baths help too.

Unfortunately we just have to put up with it for the most part. But definitely look into a physio referral, as any store-bought band won't be specifically fitted to your body.

u32ng Wed 23-Sep-15 13:22:52

poocatcherchampion thanks for the offer but I think the large will be too big as I'm a size 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now