Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pre-eclampsia

(19 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Tue 22-Sep-15 18:21:49

Argh, I am so sick of whining and stressing through this pregnancy, but you lovely ladies have given me so much help and advice I'm hoping you don't mind bearing with me for a little longer!

I went for a follow up appointment today re. BP slightly on the high side and protein in urine for the last 4 or so weeks.
Just got a call from the hospital to say that the bloods/urine they tested today, as well as today's even higher BP reading are indicative of pre-eclampsia and they want be to go back in first thing tomorrow.

Any idea what I can expect?

QuickNameChanger Tue 22-Sep-15 18:26:47

Don't be alarmed but they may want you to stay in. Be prepared just in case! How many weeks are you?

RockerMummy184 Tue 22-Sep-15 18:28:28

I'm 36 weeks with twins.

Junosmum Tue 22-Sep-15 18:48:36

All the best for tomorrow. Take your hospital bag with you. They want you to stay in and monitor you. They may also suggest they deliver fairly soon as you are full term (for twins).

Junosmum Tue 22-Sep-15 18:48:59

Sorry, they MAY want you to stay in

InternationalEspionage Tue 22-Sep-15 19:03:43

Ok, I was bad case of pre-eclampsia. If it gets too much, you just get an emergency Caesarian done. I was about 37 weeks. It's no drama, but check yourself in if experience sudden elevated heart rate etc. If you are allowed home.

The stress of worrying g can make it worse so try to relax. Sounds like you have good antenatal care so all should be fine. Good luck flowers

RockerMummy184 Tue 22-Sep-15 20:01:40

Thanks ladies!

I have the babies bag packed, I'll do mine tonight and throw them in the boot just in case!

I'm glad I asked as I hadn't thought of having to stay in! At least I'm prepared now if that's the case.

FaFoutis Tue 22-Sep-15 20:11:22

Be prepared to have your babies very soon.

I was in the same position as you at 36 weeks, my tests involved overnight urine collection on the ward and constant BP monitoring. The next day induction was attempted, it didn't work so I had a c-section. Baby was 36 weeks and completely fine. It was not a bad experience at all.

Good luck!

UptownFunk00 Tue 22-Sep-15 20:41:59

I had pre eclampsia with my first pregnancy and sure hoping it doesn't return with this one.

Firstly, how far along are you?

If you are past 37 weeks they will probably opt for you to deliver early as PE doesn't go away until after birth.

They may put you on some medication to try and bring your BP down and they are likely to give you closer observations.

I had on and off BP and repeat urine infections from 34-39 weeks so I do sympathise.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM or message back on here.

It's great they have picked it up though.

UptownFunk00 Tue 22-Sep-15 20:43:50

Ooops sorry just read you are 36 weeks with twins.

I think they'll try and induce you sooner rather than later to be honest. That's what they did with me at 39 weeks (luckily). I ended up needing an EMCS but not sure how much of that was due to being quite late into the pregnancy or the level of BP I had.

Best of luck for tomorrow smile

RockerMummy184 Fri 25-Sep-15 23:13:11

Well after daily outpatient checks I have been admitted to hospital.

I've been given those super sexy pressure socks and prescribed blood thinners so the MW on duty on the ward said it looks like I'm here for the foreseeable since they only usually do this when you're in for 2+ days.

I'm hoping they induce me soon. I want my babies here safe and I want to start feeling better.

Junosmum Fri 25-Sep-15 23:32:53

Thanks for the update. I suspect with twins you'll be induced soon. Hope everything goes well for you and babies and you don't get too bored!

GlitzAndGigglesx Fri 25-Sep-15 23:38:38

I had pre eclampsia with my twins. It was picked up around 33 weeks so I was in hospital every couple of days for repeat blood tests. It was a bloody nightmare! I was told to be prepared for a c section, but was booked in for an induction instead, but ended up waiting all day and I actually ended up going into labour on my own at 37+3 weeks. The good thing is you won't be sent home until the babies arrive and you'll be closely monitored. Good luck with everything!

docmcstuffins1 Sat 26-Sep-15 09:47:12

You're in the right place, and will get to meet your babies soon. Good luck!

RockerMummy184 Sat 26-Sep-15 10:06:02

I'M BEING INDUCED!!!!!!!!! gringringrin

Kickedinthetits Sat 26-Sep-15 13:49:33

Good luck Rocker! Will you come back and tell your birth story for fellow twin mums?

RockerMummy184 Sat 26-Sep-15 13:53:58

Definitely will do! smile

jorahmormont Sat 26-Sep-15 13:57:14

Good luck Rocker!

Was coming on to say that when they picked up pre-eclampsia with me, they kept me in and induced straight away at 37 weeks smile

Fingers crossed for a nice quick induction and you'll be holding your babies soon!

LBOCS2 Sat 26-Sep-15 14:03:48

I was induced at 37+5 due to preeclampsia. All went very well, I had DD within 12 hrs of my waters breaking ( spontaneously); she wanted out!

Good luck. I felt SO much better once she was born, I hadn't even realised how crappy I'd started to feel because of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now