Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Winter coats

(15 Posts)
MamaBerg Sun 20-Sep-15 16:49:40

Hi, I'm after some help. I need a god warm winter coat suitable for a growing belly. I'm due in feb 2016. Ive looked online but can't find anything suitable that's not incredibly expensive! They all seem to be 'light' jackets so not going to stand up to cold winter mornings. Any sugestions or recommendations please?
Thanks xx

Icklepickle101 Sun 20-Sep-15 16:55:27

I've just bought a 'mama' parka from H & M and it so so so snuggly, was about £40 but I will still wear it after the baby so good investment!

Runningupthathill82 Sun 20-Sep-15 16:57:24

I had a red herring one from Debenhams in my last pregnancy. Was totally shit and fell apart before DS was even born - so avoid those!
This time I'm just wearing my oversized parka and hoping it will do to the end...

TreeSparrow Sun 20-Sep-15 17:36:55

Check eBay. I just bought a really nice Asos maternity coat for 15 quid and it's like new.

Izzie251 Sun 20-Sep-15 19:34:23

I just bought one from New Look for £40. Had it on a few times and nice and cosy smile

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Sun 20-Sep-15 19:36:10

I just wore my normal parka with a big scarf.smile

jobrum Sun 20-Sep-15 19:39:58

Keep an eye out for asos sales. They will definitely have a period where they discount maternity coats before the weather gets colder. Second ebay too, although maternity costs are really popular on there!

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Sun 20-Sep-15 20:07:13

I'm due early March and have just bought a fab parka from verbaudet. It's got a bit you can add to the front to use after the birth when you are carrying baby in a sling (ie they are nice and snug inside the cost)!

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Sun 20-Sep-15 20:07:28

*inside the coat

CoffeeAndOranges Sun 20-Sep-15 20:46:46

I'm due end Nov, so the Vertbaudet parka looks like a really good option as it will straddle the end of the pregnancy and baby-wearing in the winter (which will hopefully keep both of us warmer!) - thanks for that tip, aaahcantthink, it looks like it might be a useful investment for the winter and at £70 isn't too extortionate. My lovely size 10 merrell parka is going to be too tight even after the baby's born so it'll have to wait til the following winter!

CityDweller Sun 20-Sep-15 21:38:23

In my last (winter) pregnancy I found that my Uniqlo down coat zipped up over my bump fine (and I'm not one of those people who otherwise managed to get away without maternity clothes - big bump!). It was an A-line type shape, so that's probably why. Kept me toasty warm and added benefit that I continued to use it after pregnancy.

hearthattack Sun 20-Sep-15 21:38:39

It's not massively glam but I'm due mid October and I've just ordered one of these
www.vertbaudet.co.uk/3-in-1-maternity-parka-green-dark-solid.htm?ProductId=001000009&FiltreCouleur=6719&CodBouw=313885333&t=2

Reviews sounds good, it looks really warm, you can use a sling with it if that's your thing and there's 30% off at the mo.

Donnakim Mon 21-Sep-15 13:53:23

I've pinched DH's rain coat! I'm due in December so will need something that will keep the bump dry rather than anything else. I plan to use some of the nice big pashminas you can buy in the cold weather underneath if I do feel cold. I'm not fussed about looking glam as long as I'm warm and dry, so a blokes coat will do me

MamaBerg Tue 22-Sep-15 14:30:58

Thanks for all the replies! Unfortunately DH is smaller than me so no pinching his and all my current coats won't do up at 19 weeks so I will order one of these suggestions. Thanks!

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Tue 22-Sep-15 16:28:50

I saw a maternity parka in jojo today too. No idea price but might be worth checking out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now