Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused about movements

(11 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Sat 19-Sep-15 23:24:31

So sorry to post again but really confused.

I was at MAU last Monday she had stopped moving altogether as I wasn't well. She then started to move regularly again as normal. But over the week her movements have been reduced not her normal routine at all and very slow faint movements.. I do still feel her move at time but I'm just wondering can there movements and routines completely change ? I am sure she hasn't changed position as when I do feel movement it's in the usual areas but it's not as frequent or strong so concerned placenta is failing or something due to my GD

Sleepybunny Sat 19-Sep-15 23:26:59

How many weeks are you?

babyiwantabump Sat 19-Sep-15 23:28:48

You should get checked out if movements change or reduce - so basically go get checked out !

mummyneedinganswers Sat 19-Sep-15 23:32:05

I'm 29 weeks. Maternity have told me to wait until the morning and to take a big ice cold drink and go to bed which I've dine but thing is she hasn't stopped moving it's just that's the movements are the same iyswim. They told me on Monday that me being sick does affect her and that she can be reduced due to me feeling ill but I'm starting to get over it now so really confused

mummyneedinganswers Sat 19-Sep-15 23:32:51

Are not the same*

Sleepybunny Sat 19-Sep-15 23:32:58

Have a look at the count the kicks website.

mummyneedinganswers Sat 19-Sep-15 23:36:52

Okay thank you very much

scarednoob Sun 20-Sep-15 08:39:20

I panicked about this nonstop. If she wasn't kicking, I was panicking about still birth or her having some kind of muscular atrophy. C section at 37+1 and she hasn't stopped kicking since!

Always always always get the movements checked out. Better to be over monitored than take the risk even though it's hugely likely there is no risk. I was on the ward for 2 weeks pre birth for GD reasons and tragically one of the poor couples opposite me got told they had lost their baby. It was so awful; I felt so desperately sad for them and anyone else who has been through that. Truly devastating.

Two things that helped me:

1 - I made a little mark on a piece of paper every time she kicked each day. Helped me realise there were many more moves than I thought.

2 - a scan showed that the baby was facing inwards, so most kicks were disappearing into space. It also showed me how much she was moving and how few of those movements I was feeling. Maybe ask for a scan or book a private one?

I am sure you are absolutely fine but you are being a great mum by thinking about it and taking precautions.

scarednoob Sun 20-Sep-15 08:41:54

Also if it helps: my consultant advised that my perceptions and instinct were far more important than any monitoring. She said if I was worried about movements just to go straight to hospital because as the mum, I am the only one who knows what feels right for my baby.

sizethree Sun 20-Sep-15 09:11:45

I had an episode of reduced movements a couple of weeks ago.
I noticed as for once I'd slept soundly through the night. And the following day the movements felt softer, like many weeks previously in this pregnancy. I did the cold water and lie on my side advice and then called triage who got me in for assessment. Thankfully baby is fine and as I have massive anxiety from previous losses, I have been going in twice weekly since then for monitoring. Which is the only thing that stops me worrying.
Are you able to request to be seen maybe once or twice a week at your local maternity day assessment unit?
I know just how worrying it can be, so anything to put your mind at ease would be beneficial.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 21-Sep-15 00:41:44

Thanks guys she seems to be back to normal today and after complaining of reduced movements went back to her usual moving all night last night which assured me. I'm at the diabetes clinic on Tuesday and I'm going to mention to them that I'm quite anxious about her movements and what can I do when I feel something nus wrong and il ask if there's possibility of more monitoring. Going to get them to check full placenta function aswell if possible as I think it will help to know everything is okay xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now