Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stupid Things I Have Cried At

(56 Posts)
dizzylemon Sat 19-Sep-15 16:51:26

Reckon this'll be a good thread for a laugh, even at my own expense, but since I am being ridiculous I probably deserve it.

1. Radio 2 played 'Star Trekking'. That song usually makes me giggle like a small child. Had me in bits for some reason. Yeah, I don't know why either.
2. The national anthems during the Rugby World Cup. Not sure whether it's the rousing tunes or seeing muscly dudes getting a bit emotional.

SpaggyBollocks Sat 19-Sep-15 16:53:43

my DS (15 months) was running around the house with a colander on his head when he ran into a table.

DP laughed, I cried.

MazyCrummy Sat 19-Sep-15 16:58:40

In the last couple of days:
1. Puff the Magic Dragon on R2 - didn't even get as far as him dying.
2. My 8yo DS making a good pass in his football match.
3. An episode of West Wing (the one where CJ's dad is found to have Alzeimer's)
4. How nice a piece of fillet steak looked on a cookery programme (I'm really, REALLY missing rare steak grin)

dizzylemon Sat 19-Sep-15 18:50:03

And now....Japan winning the game against SA. Awesome game.

puddingbrains Sat 19-Sep-15 19:00:50

At supervet on tv... It wasn't sad, the dog made a miraculous recovery. But I cried because supervet is such a nice man grin

MargaretHale Sat 19-Sep-15 19:16:41

1. Yesterday DH gave me the bigger baked potato when serving up. I had intended him to have it. I sobbed.
2. In Mothercare on Sunday the only pyjamas in my sons size were batman/Spider-Man rather than Thomas the tank engine or George pig. Sobs.
3. A couple of months ago I told DH I'd understand if he wanted a divorce, based on the fact that I didn't like his new pencil sharpener. Our marriage is otherwise happy, but this struck me as an insurmountable issue.
4. DH said 'You sit down, I'll do the washing up.' Prompted tears of rage but I've no idea why.

My poor, poor husband!

RockerMummy184 Sat 19-Sep-15 19:51:57

I'll also admit to crying at the national anthems on the Rugby.
I cried when I asked my 2yo if he wanted a drink and he replied with 'no thank you princess'.

CarShare Sat 19-Sep-15 20:42:56

Cried when I let myself down by eating junk food all day on Thursday- totally convinced it meant I'd be an appalling mother.

CarShare Sat 19-Sep-15 20:46:12

Also cried when I realised that DH didn't care about a tiny bleach mark I'd discovered on a new towel I'd just bought from John Lewis (they were expensive and felt he should have been more bothered).

Sighing Sat 19-Sep-15 21:41:02

I will warn you: before the Horrible Histories film 'Bill' there's an extended ad for the book / documentary about Malala. I was in bits.
Ridiculous crying: my daughter didn't want to come with me to the library.

MG35 Sat 19-Sep-15 23:23:49

Listening to take that song 'greatest day' and Adel 'feel my love' sobbed my heart out!!!

NaginiVoldemort Sat 19-Sep-15 23:30:19

When pregnant with dd1 I sobbed like a baby at a Werthers Original advert - the one with the grandpa (all I can remember about it!)

docmcstuffins1 Sun 20-Sep-15 07:45:45

These all sound perfectly rational reasons to me! On Friday I cried as we're run out of the flavour of crisps I fancied!

MG35 Sun 20-Sep-15 08:02:32

Thank you for making me realise that it's the hormones and I'm not alone!!! Happy pregnancies all x

Brummiegirl15 Sun 20-Sep-15 12:49:07

I've just literally sobbed at Casuslty from last night where they bought the dog in to the hospital to visit

Literally howled

Icklepickle101 Sun 20-Sep-15 12:54:00

DP diced the onions in to minuscule pieces when we were having FAJITAS for dinner, everyone knows you need chunks for fajitas!! I cried so much I actually made myself sick.

FluffyPersian Sun 20-Sep-15 14:22:58

I got very upset in Sainsburys the other day as someone had put 'The fast and the furious 7' DVD in with the melons (obviously changed their mind) and I got very upset, feeling sorry for the member of staff who would have to return it to the DVD section.... blush

Every1KnowsJeffHesUsuallyACunt Sun 20-Sep-15 14:35:04

This happened quite a while ago in this pregnancy but it is the worst and funniest

I cried because my dh farted and it was really smelly and I couldn't get up off the sofa blush

Rebeccaelizabethxo Sun 20-Sep-15 17:58:34

I cried because I couldn't cut my caugettes as thinly as I liked. Which then progressed to sobbing because 'I can't do anything right' hmmhaha

Doublebubblebubble Sun 20-Sep-15 18:07:14

38 weeks today.

The new jungle book trailer made me cry. It looked amazing and then I got to thinking of the old one and how much I loved it as a kid and how il never be a kid again lol

Dd crying at the movie "home" just now

Being told yesterday that it's probably best to start my mat leave early (I was meant to finish on the 23rd... I feel like a bit of a failure tbh.

National anthems always make me cry....

Didnt have any sugar for a cup of tea this morning (which meant going up aa
its tiny massive hill to the local shops... Cried my eyes out..

Going through all of my baby boys stuff to make sure that we've got enough and that we're ready

Dd pretending to be a waiter because I can't do anything at the moment and she knows it...

I've been super homonal this pregnancy to be honest and tears are usually the last outcome with me but I just can't help myself at the moment.

sophiaslullaby Sun 20-Sep-15 19:58:09

I cried while stood in middle of WHSmith the other week because I'd been browsing the pregnancy books and the newborns just looked so cute.

doublebubblebubble I too have cried when I've had to walk the short distance to the corner shop - for milk i was craving so the cravings won!

thundernlightning Mon 21-Sep-15 04:07:59

Thursday night, doubled over in front of the microwave crying as my rice went round and round because the microwave wasn't fast enough and I was so hungry.

I am very glad nobody else was home.

Qwertybynature Mon 21-Sep-15 07:15:11

Love this thread and relieved it's not just me!

I cried at Jess Glynn singing on strictly the other night, my dh was a bit hmm and then pretended not to notice!

I took ds to watch In the night garden live and cried when the music started (that's still ongoing)!

When I was pregnant with my ds, I cried at the grand national! I have no idea why. I also cried sobbed in the supermarket as dh said he didn't want any chocolate and I did.

I can't watch adverts as most of them make me cry & I'd be bankrupt donating to every charity going.

Thunder that's hilarious. I hope it was worth the long wait!

Paperblank Mon 21-Sep-15 12:12:21

Cried so much last night I made myself sick. I was genuinely upset my bloody mother but then I couldn't stop.

Had to sit on the stairs half way down because I was distraught that DH's dinner was getting cold, then because I was getting snot and mascara on his new t-shirt I love preggo hormones!

Reebok Mon 21-Sep-15 13:01:21

Asked DH for fat chip shop chips with lots of vinegar...he came home with skinny chips with no vinegar. I looked at him like he had murdered someone and then started bawling like a baby. He had to go out and get the right ones...poor man. In all honesty there was no point anyway as I threw them up within 5 minutes of eating them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now