Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else hate pregnancy...?

(37 Posts)
Reebok Sun 13-Sep-15 13:16:03

Or is it just me? I'm only 8 weeks which means I've got ages to go! But I feel as sick as a dog because I've got hyperemesis, on a million Meds to control it which is just causing me to be constipated, tired and feel like a zombie! Also have awful indigestion, bloating (from what??? I can barely eat or drink anything without chucking it up!), heartburn, acid reflux.

I have a just turned two year old that I can no longer look after, a grumpy oh who is irritated by me because he has to take over my old jobs and who frankly irritates me because his smell is enough to make me puke!

I'm stuck indoors all the time because I can barely walk and signed off work. Why on earth I forgot what it was like the first time with the hg and decided to have another is beyond me? Feel slightly guilty as I mc in July and got pregnant with this one straight away so I shouldn't complain...but I just feel like crap!!

Anyone else who hates pregnancy...join me and rant away!

Junosmum Sun 13-Sep-15 13:22:32

I hated the first 14 weeks. It's better now but I'm certainly not loving it. I just feel tired all the time and feel so weak and pathetic. It's just so restrictive and I don't mean the lack of alcohol, I'm just not physically able to do the thing I used to be able to do.

BeautifulBatman Sun 13-Sep-15 14:47:52

I've not enjoyed it I have to admit. Nearing the end now though (36 weeks on Tues). Thank fuck.

Gingerlady123 Sun 13-Sep-15 14:55:16

I'm 13 weeks with a much wanted baby but I havnt enjoyed it one bit. I feel like a sick zombie. Hope you feel better soon

Chchchchangeabout Sun 13-Sep-15 14:57:36

Me too, I know exactly what you mean

shoopshoopsong Sun 13-Sep-15 14:59:28

I would rather give birth every week than have the pregnancy stuff

Reebok Sun 13-Sep-15 15:02:36

Glad to know I'm not the only pregnancy hater. Lots of my colleagues at work get the 'glow'...I've never had the flipping glow! Only swollen feet, backache, extreme sickness and a feeling like I'm dying! They go on about how easy pregnancy is! Really??????

BumpAndGrind Sun 13-Sep-15 15:02:38

I'm in shoops camp

lauraa4 Sun 13-Sep-15 15:05:57

I'm 38+4 weeks and have spent all day in bed feeling uncomfortable, sore, lethargic and fed up! Even had a bit of a cry when DP asked me if I was OK, and wanted a cup of tea.

Early pregnancy and late into the third trimester are shit. Can't wait to feel like my normal self again!

WhattaMorning Sun 13-Sep-15 15:53:05

Oh OP I could have wrote every word of your post except my DS isn't yet 2, I'm 35 weeks with HG and i concieved just over a month after a MC in December. Other than that I would be wondering if you was me!

Why the hell I signed up to this again after having the same with my first pregnancy I have no idea.

Never again. Never ever again.

Metalhead Sun 13-Sep-15 16:51:05

Even with my easy first pregnancy I didn't enjoy being pregnant, let alone this time round where I seem to have every symptom under the sun. I'll be so glad when baby is here and I'll never have to do this again...

Blackcloudsbrightsky Sun 13-Sep-15 16:51:47

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. It's hideous. Without a doubt it is just the most miserable time ever. There are no positives. I hate it.

Reebok Sun 13-Sep-15 16:55:57

Whatamorning that's freaky!!

Completely know what you mean about why I signed up again. I blame oh. He was convinced I wouldn't have hg again. Blah blah blah! Whatever! Thing is if I mc again, I definately cannot try again. It's been too hard on my little family, and especially my poor little girl.

WhattaMorning Sun 13-Sep-15 18:30:11

I was hopeful that I wouldn't have it this time round but DP was and definitely is now convinced that any successful pregnancy I have will go this way. It's a shame as I always wanted three children but like you say after two miscarriages and two HG pregnancies I just know i couldn't do it again. My poor DS hasn't had half as much attention and focus from me as he deserves. He still only says a small handful of words and I'm starting to wonder wether I've been so wrapped up being sick with this pregnancy that I'm hindering his development by lack of encouragement and what not.

But alas, good news everyone I've just had my first poo in over two weeks!

FizzlePops Sun 13-Sep-15 19:18:14

I hate it. I've been ill for the last 7 weeks and I'm only 11 weeks now. I obviously must have blocked out my last pregnancy. When the second line appeared it suddenly all came rushing back the sickness until week 13 then the indigestion, heartburn and SPD. We must be insane. Counting down the weeks.

thisisnow Sun 13-Sep-15 19:26:10

I am hating it too feel so depressed right now. All I do is throw up and lie down and I'm only 10 weeks. I really don't know how I'm going to cope with months more of this. Even having a wash seems like a huge task.

Loungeroomlizard Sun 13-Sep-15 19:45:57

I loathe it too. All 4 of mine have ended up with high risk stuff, loads of medical intervention, hospital stays, 2 involving surgery. All for unrelated reasons. Never again!

spandau1980 Sun 13-Sep-15 20:04:10

Hate pregnancy!
This is baby no 5 unplanned
I'm 6 weeks and the shit sick feeling dry heaving smells are all kicking in... soon my head ll be down the toilet struggling to comb my hair and shower let alone glow wtf lol
A friend of mine is 4 months gone and hasn't had any sickness any I'll feeling and the smallest flipping bump grrrrr
I D RATHER GIVE BIRTH a million times than feel so god dam I'll
Oh I had spd last time too so scared to death I'll have it again :'(

Reebok Sun 13-Sep-15 20:07:41

Know exactly what you mean. I had a traumatic labour with dd but I'd rather go through that a million times then be pregnant and suffer with hg again. Feel like my body has been invaded. Sick of being so sick. Either I'm chucking up, feel like chucking up or nauseous because I need to chuck up. Oh doesn't understand how sick I am. Selfish prat!

spandau1980 Sun 13-Sep-15 20:10:45

It so hard for any one to understand. It makes you depressed regret being pregnant all sorts ... I'm currently nibbling a dry cracker

Oh IF ONE MORE PERSON SUGGESTS GINGER .... ????????

spandau1980 Sun 13-Sep-15 20:13:49

Any one on any successful meds ?? I dint get HG but I chuck about 10 times a day can't move without throwing up and feel sick every moment even wake up to be sick at night .... xxx

Reebok Sun 13-Sep-15 20:14:22

Do not get me started on the dreaded G word!! Women who have never experienced extreme sickness and nausea or hg suggest the G word! The only thing that kind of helps me is ice cold coke. Makes me feel normal for a minute. But I need it with ice so it has a bit of water in it as I'm so thirsty all the time from not being able to drink properly.

spandau1980 Sun 13-Sep-15 20:17:44

I'm gagging to drink but if I do out it comes...
Vile
Also have bad taste in my mouth all day ... and everything smells including my OH
Lol windows are all open ??

Reebok Sun 13-Sep-15 20:17:45

Spandau go to your gp and get put on Meds ASAP. And check your ketones. You're at risk of being dehydrated if you're throwing up that much. Are you able to keep down any water? I was on cyclizine with dd - it controlled the vomiting but didn't stop it. And this time I'm on cyclizine (although stopped it as not helping), ondasetron (it's the strong one used for chemo patients) and ranitidine for the reflux. It's cut down the vomiting. I still vomit minimum 4 times a day and feel nauseous all day but better than before. Still not able to do anything except sit still so I'm not sick.

Reebok Sun 13-Sep-15 20:19:56

Come on over to the hyperemesis thread. Lots of great support on there. Being this sick is really isolating and it helps to know there are other women who understand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now