We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Batch cooking

(5 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Fri 11-Sep-15 11:14:03

I'm asking a lot of questions lately, aren't I?

My friend is due her baby soon and because she's had a baby shower she doesn't want gifts after the baby is born.

I really want to help out though so have offered to do some batch cooking which she's gladly accepted. It'll be a great trial run for me too as I'll be doing the same in the run-up to my due date.

I know what dishes I'll cook and freeze (lasagne (quorn mince), cottage pie (quorn mince), leek & potatoe soup, separate batches of mash to reheat with sausages) but haven't been able to find anywhere how long these dishes can be frozen for or the re-heating instructions so I can make a note of it on the packaging to make it easier for her. Can anyone help?

ARV1981 Fri 11-Sep-15 11:18:18

I don't know exact timings, but defrost thoroughly and reheat until piping hot would be my best guess.

That's what I do anyhow wink

Loungeroomlizard Fri 11-Sep-15 16:36:18

I would take it out of the freezer the day before and leave in the fridge overnight. Then reheat in the oven until piping hot - around 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 200? Though it depends on the size of the dish, etc. but that woild be my starting point.

NewBallsPlease00 Fri 11-Sep-15 19:12:16

Don't bother with mash- waitrose sell brilliant frozen mash at £1 a bag, but that instead !

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 12-Sep-15 07:13:27

Sounds good loungeroom! Thank you.

Newballs; I don't mind making the mash (will need it for cottage pie anyway) and will probably be cheaper. Thank you though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now