Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which TENS machine?

(13 Posts)
sizethree Fri 04-Sep-15 20:41:52

I'm looking into hiring/buying a tens machine. I've never used one before as this will be my first baby.
I've noticed that it's not significantly cheaper to hire, rather than buy. (And hoping to have a second baby soonish after my first) So thinking I may just purchase one, but don't really know where to start as reviews aren't giving me much direction...
What did you use / planning on using?

mountainofdreams Fri 04-Sep-15 20:46:47

I'm getting a mamatens. It was the one I was shown at my antenatal class in UCH and has good reviews. It is only £24 on Amazon which is the same as the rental price!

sizethree Fri 04-Sep-15 21:01:21

Thanks mountain. there's just so much information to take on board, it's hard making any kind of decision.
I'll look it up and it's a great price. Thanks.

lilac3033 Fri 04-Sep-15 21:37:40

I got the Boots brands one. Worked a treat!

AP79 Fri 04-Sep-15 23:08:43

I had a mamatens, it was amazing, the pads stayed stuck on for nearly 40+ hours of labour and it was a godsend, don't think I would have coped without it!!!
I also bought it from Amazon as it was cheaper than hiring!

ARV1981 Sat 05-Sep-15 06:58:43

Interesting stuff here... jumping on for information!

sizethree Sat 05-Sep-15 07:59:45

Thanks ladies. I'm going to get the Mamatens, looks great and is a good price too.

WhatTheJeffHasGoneOnHere Sat 05-Sep-15 09:51:37

I got mine through Kiddicare, it was £15 to hire.

purplemunkey Sat 05-Sep-15 10:12:33

I got the Elle Tens. I decided to buy instead of hire too as like you I thought rental didn't seem much cheaper and I could either use again or sell on. It was great and I certainly appreciated having it during labour.

StAlphonsosPancakeBreakfast Sat 05-Sep-15 10:15:41

Can Tens machines be used for things other than labour? I was looking at renting as it seems likely this baby will be my only one, but if there are other uses I might buy.smile

gamerchick Sat 05-Sep-15 10:21:15

I would just buy one. They're good for sciatica and other back pains.

noiwontstoptalking Sat 05-Sep-15 10:23:10

I had an Elle tens. It was great and I sold it on eBay really easily afterwards.

StAlphonsosPancakeBreakfast Sat 05-Sep-15 13:08:39

Oooh, thanks gamerchick, it might be worth buying so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now