Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

probably an incredibly stupid question!

(2 Posts)
Doublebubblebubble Fri 04-Sep-15 10:27:13

Hi all. I have been to my Drs as I was rough as fuck a bit poorly yesterday. Feeling nauseous, high bp, headache. Had urine checked - no proteins or sugars but Dr found white blood cells so said you have an infection somewhere???. Anyway. I am 35+5 weeks and I was put on amoxicillin and started them as soon as I got them around 4pm. Of course I will finish the course. My question is this -^ please re-read title but I forgot to ask my Dr at the time - not baby brain just stupidity^ can I take them with my iron tablets (very anaemic as well joy) or should I stagger taking them - say 2 hours apart?? I've read through both tablet instructions and I cant see anything but I'm a little worried as some medicines can stop others from working...

X

CarShare Fri 04-Sep-15 11:08:29

It's a good question! But you don't need to worry- iron is fine with amoxicillin. Some antib's should be taken on an empty stomach and not with supplements/indigestion remedies as absorption of the drug can be reduced but you're fine with amoxicillin. Evenly space the doses 8 hours apart and keep really well hydrated. Hope you feel better soon. Btw- I'm a pharmacist so give this kind of advice a lot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now