Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Long haul flight sign off

(7 Posts)
LoveLetters Wed 02-Sep-15 16:28:22

Will be going on long haul flight at 26 weeks in Oct. Does doctor access you then sign off? How does it work?

Lemonfizzypop Wed 02-Sep-15 16:45:04

Yep just make an appt and they'll write you a letter

Dollyemi Wed 02-Sep-15 16:47:51

Check with the airline you're travelling with and your travel insurance company. It's a possibility you won't need a letter but something like your mat B form to show your expected due date.

LoveLetters Wed 02-Sep-15 17:02:22

I don't work so I don't have a matb1 form. Checked with airline and I will need one for precaution. Wanted to just know what happens with doctor.

tessiegirl Wed 02-Sep-15 17:29:41

Just to let you know my midwife advised me that if I need a letter allowing me to travel it is best to get one directly from the midwife as they won't charge, however a doctor will charge £50 for one. May be worth checking if this is the same where you live....

Plantpot83 Wed 02-Sep-15 17:57:36

Just to say, you might not even need to see the doctor, I told the receptionist what I wanted and she arranged a phonecall with the Dr who just checked I was having a normal pregnancy and asked my due date. I picked up the letter from the surgery the next day, it cost £25, my midwife wouldn't give me one.

Brummiegirl15 Wed 02-Sep-15 18:12:15

It depends who you fly with. I'm flying with Virgin at 22 and 24 weeks and I've been categorically by Virgin told I do not need a letter before 28 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now