Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex drive in pregnancy - or none actually

(3 Posts)
DirtyMugPolice Mon 31-Aug-15 08:47:12

I'm mourning the loss of my sex drive. I'm bereft. I'm 26 weeks and I think the lack of it is due to just generally disliking how my body looks - pre pregnancy I was slim and toned and I was very happy with how I looked for the first time in years since DC1. My DH isn't putting any pressure on at all but I don't want to instigate anything with the way I look. How could he find a massive tummy a turn on?

Just to contradict myself if I was to instigate something I'm pretty sure he'd respond positively. But I'd be worrying it was just to make me happy sad Fucking hate my fucked up attitude to my body!

No real point to this. I'm just sad that it will take some time before we get back to any sense of normality when you consider the whole newborn days to get through yet. Anyone else?

Merlin333 Mon 31-Aug-15 10:49:12

Im with u on this haha Im getting near the end now and that side of things has been a lot less limited than normal lol same as you my hubby is great and hasnt done anything to make me feel this way but as much as i think its amazing what our bodies do in pregnancy I find it hard to get in the mood with a big bump! I guess we need to remind ourselves its not forever and our bodies our carrying their babies which is very special X

DirtyMugPolice Mon 31-Aug-15 11:25:31

Yes you're right it will all be worth it. It's just my body wants a good hard shag but my mind won't let that happen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now