Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy worries!

(4 Posts)
Niknoo12 Sat 29-Aug-15 15:22:41

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has been or is in the same situation...advice needed!
So I am 6 weeks pregnant by my working out anyways I have been spotting brown since before I got my positive (started on the day period was due) it's just brown and not heavy only a liner is needed. It turned red for 3/4 days last week then eased off back to brown. Had no pain and no clots (that I'm aware if anyway) my tests have been and still are really faint, done too many tests with different brands!! However I put my sample in at the gp to be tested and when I went to collect results I was told I needed to retest. The sample I gave was a first morning urine and I also used a dipstick test from this sample and that was positive. Soooo now I'm left confused as to what's happening!!! Iv never let myself get my hopes up with this preg and sort of tried to ignore it's happening just do if the worst happens I'm sort if prepared. My his will be my 4th pregnancy, I have a history. 1st was born 2 month prem for no apparent reason just that she wanted to arrive early, 2nd baby I lost at 18 weeks again just impatient and wanted to be out!! 3rd born 1 month early, had spotting with that preg too but just in and off not consistent like this! Any help or advice is more than welcome xxxx

heatherxo Sat 29-Aug-15 21:12:10

Hi, didn't want to read and run!
although I didn't have brown bleeding, I did have cramps and bright red blood. Little lad is now 9 weeks!
If in doubt ring your local epu and they'll advise you on what to do/if you need a scan or whatnot. Could just be implantation bleeding though x

Niknoo12 Sat 29-Aug-15 21:57:49

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I'm waiting to put another sample in the doctors and then go from there. It's just the not knowing that drives me crazy!! I'd rather know even if it's bad news. Seems a bit too long for implantation bleeding? I'm hoping the fact Iv had no cramps/pain and not much "fresh" bleeding is a good thing...although the dreaded 'missed miscarriage' has crossed my mind more than once, can't help overthinking things!!! X

heatherxo Sun 30-Aug-15 04:28:57

Ask your doctor if they could send you for a scan?
As I said, I had bleeding and cramps and went for scan at 5 weeks -just 3!!! empty sacs.
6+3 and with internal scan I had / lovely little hb's. (same again but without internal at 8+3weeks)
But then at 12+6 weeks sadly only 1 hb. (Although I didn't have a "proper" miscarriage - no bleeding - just vts)
Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now