Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I imagining things?!

(4 Posts)
Emziec2 Sat 29-Aug-15 02:10:47

So bit of a complicated story but will try to keep it short. So at the end of july on the 25th af came. I had unprotected sex on the 3rd of August and thought nothing of it as that's only Cd10. Then af turned up on the 15th of Aug a week early. It was heavy with some clots but not as bad as usual...it lasted 12 days...I never go on for that long. I did a pregnancy test just incase and have had bfn every time. Since then my boobs are very tender and sore which I never ever get and the are bigger...I struggle to get them into my uniform for work!! Also have cramping like Af should be coming again but this is CD14 of the next cycle if the last bleed was Af so far too early. I'm assuming that I should be getting bfps if I was pregnant as this would be the start of week 5. If I'm not pregnant then what is with the incredibly painful boobs and mad
bleeding? Sometimes it's so frustrating feeling female. I'm new to this site so I hope I posted this in the right place...if not I am sorry! Any reassurance or insight would be appreciated!

mummyneedinganswers Sat 29-Aug-15 13:02:13

I would say see your gp any abnormal bleeding in your cycle should be investigated not only was it a week early bit it was heavy and lasted 12 days you Defo need to get seen to. All those symptoms can be hormonal imbalance aswell as periods and pregnancy. I'm assuming you not at the menopausal age? You really need to get tests done at your gp?

Have you had your smear test ?

Emziec2 Mon 31-Aug-15 04:28:23

Thank you for your reply...no I'm 25 so hopefully not menopausal! I have had a smear but that was about 2 years ago as a check up but not since. I was contemplating going to see the gp but didn't know if I was making a bigger deal than I should. I'll see what this cycle has in store for me!!

TravellingToad Mon 31-Aug-15 04:54:37

No idea about that but you do know it's extremely possibly/likely to get pregnant on CD10? In fact I'm 8 weeks pregnant having deliberately had sex on cd10 in order to achieve that position!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now