Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Coping with Mood Swings

(5 Posts)
Klee81 Wed 26-Aug-15 12:27:11

Anyone really moody? I am 20 Weeks and I am finding it hard to tolerate people at the minute, everything is annoying me. Things that i usually let slide have me completley wound up. I am managing to keep it under control "only Just" but feel like i am going to just explode soon..:/ I am actually waking up in the middle of the night and arguing with people in my head.
Any one any advise on how to handle this?????

sophiaslullaby Wed 26-Aug-15 21:41:24

Hey, my full sympathies, im right there with you on this one.
Im now 31 weeks and the moods have hit me again (i was lovely in my 2nd trimester!). Normally I have reserves of patience to rival Nuns....now, no patience. AT ALL.

I cope by knowing that it is just the rush of hormones, its not the real you and you will feel better. If you have to be round people, warn them that your not in a good mood (sounds funny but you get more support and sympathy by giving people a heads up and can stop arguments -anyone who tries to argue after being warned of your mood are just asking for it and deserve a smack! grin).

Lastly, the deep breaths and taking 5 out in the fresh air never harms and the deep breath help calm baby too.

You'll be ok x

Klee81 Thu 27-Aug-15 09:45:12

Thank you sophiaslullaby , i am feeling much better now. smile

sophiaslullaby Sat 29-Aug-15 17:45:40

Good to hear :-D Darn mood swings! A collaegue was talking to me the other day and just because I want to finish my email I felt like telling her to shut up! How rude! Fortunately held it together -i thought of my message to you and how hypocritical I'd be to tell you to keep calm and then for me to go blow up at someone! :-)

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Sun 30-Aug-15 19:40:17

Someone dared to walk slowly infront of me in town today. They won't vbe doing that again.

28 weeks pregnant and I've been really feeling moody the last couple of days. had a little cry and DH saying I was sorry but I just couldn't help it. Just felt so tired and uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now