Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tailbone Pain

(6 Posts)
debbiewells21 Wed 26-Aug-15 04:08:25

Anyone else suffering badly with this? I'm 37 weeks and have had it for 5 days now and it's really really painful. this is my second, never had this the first time so it's come as a shock and I just don't know what to do with myself.

mummyneedinganswers Wed 26-Aug-15 07:13:55

Yes tailbone pain came with my PGP pretty uncomfortable and painful. Can make it hard to walk especially when hips and gross crack at every slight movement. I haven't found anything to ease it at all but sit on a cushion. This is my first x

ammature Wed 26-Aug-15 20:26:57

I have this too in early pregnancy when I sit down for a while in a hard chair, midwife said she would refer me for physio if it continues... Perhaps you should mention it to your midwife?

Doublebubblebubble Thu 27-Aug-15 06:54:38

Currently 34+4 and this pain is the worst!!! I have a sit down job and although it looks extremely unprofessional I am constantly surrounded by a nest of cushions and sitting at extreme angles... Oftentimes I'm happier to be stood up but walking joy!!! is getting to be a bit of a pain in t'arse (no pun intended) if I'm honest as well now. Constantly clicking!!!! This isn't my first pregnancy eithe, so I wonder if it might have something to do with that too?

debbiewells21 Thu 27-Aug-15 08:13:37

Oh doublebubble, I couldn't imagine being at work with this, driving is insane let alone sitting at a desk all day, you poor thing.

I was hoping this would improve with some rest but it seems it's here to stay until the end now. sleeping has also become painful too now.

I've called an acupuncturist to see if they can help.

trian Fri 28-Aug-15 17:09:46

pilonidal sinus problems often happen towards the end of a pregnancy apparently. pilonidals.org is the support group for this. It can be a horrible, ongoing condition so it's worth researching before you agree to any treatments, general surgeons sometimes don't know enough about it to be doing the op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now