Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vomiting blood

(21 Posts)
Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 13:08:27

Had a bad morning vomiting this morning and the most recent time I think I vomited blood.
This week I've only vomited twice but this morning has been constant,
What do I do?

Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 13:08:53

Am 10+1

Fuzzyduck21 Sun 23-Aug-15 13:11:49

I would ring 111. Sounds like you need to be seen today if it is blood. It could just be from your throat as a result of all the vomiting. I wouldn't have thought it would affect baby but I would ring 111 and see if they think you should be seen today by out of hours. Let us know how you get on xx

cariadisnaehappy Sun 23-Aug-15 13:12:48

I'd phone 111 for advice to be honest, it's probably just bile if you've been vomiting a lot but I'd certainly give them a call to be on the safe side

GraysAnalogy Sun 23-Aug-15 13:12:54

Firstly, what did it look like, was it red, or coffee grounds? How much was there?

Have you got any pain anywhere?

But you need to go to A&E regardless so this can be investigated. flowers I hope you're okay

Quills Sun 23-Aug-15 13:13:07

Fresh, red blood? If so, likely to be a little tear in your oesophagus from repeated retching, but might be worth a call to NHS 111 to check, not least because if you're vomiting that much you may well be dehydrated.

GraysAnalogy Sun 23-Aug-15 13:15:23

If it's an oesophageal tear it can often be followed with subcutaneous emphysema, air getting into the tissues so your skin can feel puffy and has a 'snap crackle pop' noise to it when you touch.

Medical emergency anyway.

sarkymare Sun 23-Aug-15 13:16:37

You only 'think' you vomited blood? So there was very little blood then? Like how much you might spit after brushing your teeth to hard? Sorry you haven't really given a lot of information. Anyway If that's the case it's probably just from the sheer force of all the vomiting. Its quite normal and nothing to be concerned about.

Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 13:18:16

Thanks.
It wasn't coffee grounds. More like pink/light red.
I need to take my disabled brother back home now first so I can go to a and e.
I did have a pain in my back earlier for five minutes until I vomited.

Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 13:19:48

Their was lots more than just brushing my teeth. Most of it came out pink/light red but because it wasn't bright red I'm not quite sure

sarkymare Sun 23-Aug-15 13:23:15

Then I would call 111. Tiny abrasions resulting in a small amount of blood is very common with constant vomiting but what you describe is not.

Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 15:29:55

Hi. Sitting in a and e now as 111 said come here. Bit terrified.

rosieliveson1 Sun 23-Aug-15 15:35:38

I hope you're ok brew

mummyneedinganswers Sun 23-Aug-15 15:54:35

Could be the lining of your stomach. When my HG was really bad I ripped the lining of stomach and ripped my throat and was sick alot of blood. Hopefully it's nothing too serious xx

Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 16:00:30

Thanks. No idea what they will do or how they will find out what's causing it

Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 18:56:00

A and e just sent me home without a proper look over.
Elevated heart rate and high temp to I have but they won't check me over.
I am terrified my throat feels sore and I'm terrified I have a hole in the tube but all they say is I have a cut.

mummyneedinganswers Sun 23-Aug-15 19:13:22

If your throat is sore and burning it's probably an esophageal tear I got that all the time. Coughed and threw up blood for hours if there's not clots or loads or bright red blood then it's probably nothing to worry about. If you still want properly looked over ring your out of hours gp or go back to a&e xx

Emmalbae Sun 23-Aug-15 19:29:04

When I threw up the whole vomit was light red/pink. It wasn't just streaks in the vomit.
I had drunk about four sips of cranberry juice threw that straight up which came up a weird purple colour then two hours later threw this up.
I suffer with an anxiety disorder and I'm convinced something is wrong with me

YeOldeTrout Sun 23-Aug-15 20:02:58

I've done this due to nasty morning sickness, well sucks. Didn't see a doctor, pretty obvious you're gonna start tearing up bits of the throat with enough puking. Hope it settles soon.

mummyneedinganswers Sun 23-Aug-15 20:03:13

Go back to a&e if you still worried x

Ohbollocksandballs Sun 23-Aug-15 20:06:29

I had hyperemesis and after a while there was a lot of blood in my vomit due to tearing. Try not to worry too much, I know it's easier said than done but if you're still worried by all means go back flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now