Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone have bad sickness at the 12 week scan?

(18 Posts)
BeautifulLiar Sun 23-Aug-15 09:23:27

According to LMP I'm 12 weeks today. My first scan is in 10 days and I still have dreaded morning sickness. Just a little bit worried that I'll still be this poorly on the day of the scan, especially as DH is working away so I'll be going to it alone...

neomamma Sun 23-Aug-15 09:27:16

don't worry, if you do you won't be the only one :-) i was still being sick up to 16 weeks but found that by 11/12 weeks i could control it to an extent during the day by munching on a cereal bar (whereas earlier in pregnancy it wasn't so controllable!)

horsewalksintoabar Sun 23-Aug-15 09:29:25

Well... If you're sick, you're sick. They're used to it. I wouldn't let it deter me from the scan at all. So don't cancel. You just have to soldier through. flowers And the sickness will pass. Sometimes, in my case anyway, from 10-12 weeks, I lose my sickness, then it comes back with a vengeance between weeks 13-14 before leaving for good around 15 weeks. So maybe you will be lucky enough to have a bit of a mini break from the sickness for a few days. It's fairly common for it to lift off around this time for a short while. Good luck on your scan. Don't worry about DH not being there... I've done all of my scans alone. Many mums to be do because it's hard for our husbands to get time off. Bring a good book.

jorahmormont Sun 23-Aug-15 09:34:27

I was still sick until 16 weeks. They'll be used to it smile

nannyplumislostinspace Sun 23-Aug-15 10:10:09

I was sick until the day I gave birth! grin

Skiptonlass Sun 23-Aug-15 10:30:28

I was sick at the scan - still sick now at week 32!

I'm now a dab hand at finding a convenient waste bin/sink and I have a supply of sick bags in my handbag. They've seen it all before I'm sure.

If you feel sick on the day, just let your sonographer know. smile you won't be the first of last person to take a vomit break...

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 23-Aug-15 10:36:45

Yes, sick all over myself in the car on the way there and sat in the waiting room absolutely stinking of sick!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 23-Aug-15 10:37:44

Oh and I was sick every day until 35 weeks, when the sickness was taken over by heartburn sad

Cornberry Sun 23-Aug-15 10:56:46

Took a container to mine in which to puke if necessary.

BeautifulLiar Sun 23-Aug-15 11:24:06

Thanks everyone! Some of these stories sound awful, hope you feel better soon flowers

And to the pp who suggested a book - brilliant idea! Can't believe I didn't think of that. I've been glued my kindle for most of the first trimester...

CarrieLouise25 Sun 23-Aug-15 19:25:43

I've just had my 12 week scan, and had MS all the way from 3 weeks.

To be honest, the agonising pain of needing a wee with a full bladder will take your mind off the sickness!

My appt was nearly 30 minutes late, so I could have bursted (literally!).

I wore my sea bands, made sure I ate well before, took snacks with me, kindle etc anything to keep you distracted.

The main distraction will be seeing your baby for the first time. Magical smile

Good luck! x

Daffydil Sun 23-Aug-15 19:27:44

I was too distracted by the scan to feel sick I think. Then promptly went and puked in the loo afterwards.

16 weeks and still feeling awful here confused

StarlingMurmuration Sun 23-Aug-15 19:30:27

I was sick up to week 22 - not just feeling nauseated but coming three or four times a day. Sorry OP. On the plus side, bad morning sickness is seen as a sign of a strong pregnancy.

StarlingMurmuration Sun 23-Aug-15 19:31:50

Vomming! Vomming! Not coming. Completely different things there.

peachypips Sun 23-Aug-15 19:32:59

I vommed all over the floor in the consulting room at my 12 week scan. It covered about a metre square in area. Hilarious!

Felt a bit better at 15-16 weeks each time.

iAmNicolaMurray Sun 23-Aug-15 19:35:07

Ahh this thread is bringing back all the joys of pregnancy. grin

Congrats on your pregnancy op.

peachypips Sun 23-Aug-15 19:35:45

However- I was sick everywhere and anywhere for the first semester both times. I absolutely couldn't control it at all. Sick a few times an hour. So you'll probably be fine!

Leviticus Sun 23-Aug-15 19:50:19

Both times. With DC1's 12 week I was in the waiting room with a couple whose toddler had a dirty nappy and they'd forgotten to bring spares. I had to wait outside.

DC2 I literally sat there with my head on my knees. I was supposed to take a tour of the MLU afterwards but there was no chance. I almost fainted on the way back to the car.

Morning sickness is a dark, miserable place to be, you have my sympathy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now