Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Corpus luteum cyst?

(4 Posts)
Emmalbae Fri 21-Aug-15 16:37:03

Hi. Just been for my dating scan .
I have a corpus luteum cyst which measured 31-28-39 mm at 6 weeks 3 days.
Today at 9+6 it measures 36-53-25 mm.
A bit worried that it's getting bigger. I am being re scanned in September as was to early for my dating scan to check everything today but can it getting larger affect baby in any way ?

mummyneedinganswers Fri 21-Aug-15 17:32:18

I don't think it can affect the baby I had a cyst burst in my ovary at 5 weeks pregnant and my uterus filled with blood and toxins from the cyst and my pelvis was full of fluid. My little one is still doing well at 25 weeks with no effects from cyst bursting and I still have one cyst in there. At the time I was using cyclogest pessaries and they said the sudden surge in progesterone could have caused it to suddenly grow and burst. I would say it shouldn't cause any problems many people go through pregnancy with cysts and have no serious effects xx

Emmalbae Sat 22-Aug-15 09:47:02

Thanks.
Still really worried any advice on the fact it's got Larger. So scared I'll miscarry because of it

mummyneedinganswers Sat 22-Aug-15 11:11:38

I don't have any advice as I didn't know about mine until it burst I would ask at your next scan get all your questions answered x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now