Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moving on

(6 Posts)
Sleeplessinnorthlondon Fri 21-Aug-15 08:17:01

Dear lovely, lovely mumsnet,
Had some very sweet pms asking how I was getting on and just wanted to say things are ok. After some posts earlier this week and talk with therapist agree not helpful to keep seeking reassurance - desperate as I am for it!! Especially as even when I see experts who tell me risk teeny if existent all I want to do is work out numerical risk and seeing as no one even knows what the average risk of having a child with an additional challenge is no idea how I'd work out how much I'd increased it! Wish wish wish could get excited and happy and feel as lucky as I always thought I would to get here but for whatever reason it's not worked out like that so think just need to accept the anxiety and take the best care of me and the baby for the next twelve weeks. Thank you all so so much for your help and support. Staying on mn under different name and only posting when feeling alright with that name so whole thing doesn't become gloom fest!!! Thank you thank you thank you and good luck and live to you all xxxxx

Fuzzyduck21 Fri 21-Aug-15 13:00:55

Good luck with everything. Agree - seeking reassurance is addictive and only end up either not believing it or the anxiety moves to something else...

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Keep us posted. Always here if you need to vent xxxx

ARV1981 Fri 21-Aug-15 14:27:32

This sounds positive! So pleased you're doing better. 12 weeks isn't long to go now, you're on the home stretch!

flowers

Sophia1984 Fri 21-Aug-15 16:07:23

Sending you love and support. As someone who has an anxiety disorder with obsessive tendencies especially around hypochondria, your posts have really struck a chord with me. It's brilliant that you've recognised that reassurance doesn't work - it's like an awful drug that you can never get enough of. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes wonderfully. Have you tried doing some mindfulness/meditation? There's an app called Mind the Bump I've been using. Take care of yourself and bump smile x

mrscatmad31 Sun 23-Aug-15 07:37:18

Have been thinking of you and wondering how you were, not long to go now smile

Sleeplessinnorthlondon Sun 23-Aug-15 12:27:18

Thank you!!! Veering between more and less stressed and slowly accepting what will be will be!!! Sometimes even realise / believe that chances of harming baby from all this truly tiny if existent etc but more often terrified....well....we will find out smile doping my best to stay distracted!! Thank you for all your support xxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now