Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 10 + 6 - help and advice

(7 Posts)
Rose58 Tue 18-Aug-15 19:47:50

Hi all,

I am 11 weeks tomorrow and so far had a trouble free pregnancy. I have a cervical erosion which causes bleeding after sex only. Not too much.

Today I went to the toilet and was bleeding quite a lot. It was rubbing from me for a few seconds. I went to the hospital and they can't scan be as I was scanned last week at 10 weeks privately and saw a heartbeat. My cervix is closed.

Anyone had anything similar? Petrified I am miss carrying. Been told they won't scan me until next Friday (12 week scan) and to monitor the bleeding or pains.

Brindler Tue 18-Aug-15 20:08:36

Hi Rose I've been experiencing similar to you, although mine always starts after I've been to the loo to, ahem 'open my bowels' (sorry, trying to put it as nicely as possible!). It's always red but quickly tapers off.

It started at 8 weeks and was sent for a scan at around 8+5 where everything looked fine, strong heartbeat, right position etc and no bleeding coming from around the baby. Doctor tried to palm me off by saying it was probably piles but I know it's definitely not coming from that end!

I'm now 10+2 and this morning I had a heavier bleed than usual which lasted most of the day although tapered off into more brownish blood rather than the bright red it starts with. Has really worried me today and considering calling the midwife/docs in the morning although guessing they'll probably tell me the same as they told you

So I've not actually got any advice for you but just to let you know you're not alone. Can you think of anything that may have triggered it off - had you strained or anything??

Rose58 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:13:37

Thank you so much for your reply.

I did my usual exercise class last night which is quite high impact but have been doing it since I got my bfp. I sit all day at a desk so this possibly puts pressure on my erosion. Have you had any stabbing pains atol?

Brindler Tue 18-Aug-15 20:22:43

Definitely had more twingey type pains this afternoon which is what made me really worry. Will be so gutted if I've got this far and it all goes wrong - taken us 2 and a half years to get here! I had a few episodes of spotting with dd1 but not until after 12 weeks so was kind of expecting it just not this early ��

Keep me updated anyway - be good to have someone going through similar. Really hope it will all be ok for you - surely a positive scan is a good sign?!

Rose58 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:39:24

Thank you, I really do hope so. I have another private scan booked for tomorrow evening.

Are you going to call your midwife tomorrow? I feel some lower back pain tonight but I wonder if it's because I'm lying in bed which can sometimes happen to me.

I'm sorry to hear you tried for so long. I have everything crossed for you. Xx

Brindler Tue 18-Aug-15 20:49:26

Yep also had backache but like you in also been sitting at a desk all day so wondering if it's that. Think I may as well put a call in tomorrow and see what they say. Will let you know

Rose58 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:10:48

Ask for an internal examination if nothing else. At least they can check your cervix. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now