Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

confused

(6 Posts)
themumfairy Tue 18-Aug-15 13:22:43

ok I'm 16 weeks pregnany and totally confused about my dates.

I was using ovia while ttc so I have all my dates written down.

I was working a lot that month so only dtd the once. the 13th of may.

however my scan puts me 2 days before that at conceiving on the 11th.

I know you can conceive later than the day of dtd but never of conceiving before.

I'm scared baby is just huge and I'll have 10lber.

sarkymare Tue 18-Aug-15 13:46:13

The dates given at scans are not exact. More often than not they are out by a few days.

I'm not sure why you think your conception date being two days behind would make you have a huge 10lb baby.

5hell Tue 18-Aug-15 13:54:46

i dont think they help us in this country by giving us a due date, and therefore "exact" dates to work back from! it raises expectations, questions and confusion! other places give women a due week...i think a range would be much wiser, but i doubt it'll ever change.

each pregnancy is different and I assume some embyros may implant rapidly, and may therefore appear further along than others and vise versa.
e.g. i just have a scan (at 8w by my dates) but embryo only measures 6w4d - errors in measurements, normal variation in all things biological etc mean its probably within normal range

i wouldn't worry smile

Runningupthathill82 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:22:36

It's only two days different! Not at all sure why you think that would give you a huge baby. It's nothing to worry about at all...

MummyPigg Tue 18-Aug-15 21:39:19

As Running ^ said I don't see what your stressing about?! In 2 days your baby won't have gained an extra 3 pounds even if they were correct which they aren't if you have your dates right. They are only estimated dates not solid exact dates.

hufflebottom Tue 18-Aug-15 21:43:56

Scan dates are wrong. I know mine are. My due date is at least a week/week and a half earlier than they should be. But midwife won't have it any other way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now