Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be pregnant?

(7 Posts)
ejackets Mon 17-Aug-15 22:49:16

So this is weird, I know. But I am about 10 days late for my period, and I have taken pregnancy tests but I am using ClearBlue Digital. I haven't even had the slightest sign of my period even coming and I am feeling nauseated, fatigued & crampy. I have taken 3 tests due to me being a social drinker, I don't want to drink if I am pregnant & I want to have the best health I can for a possible baby. Could I be pregnant? What should I do? Should I request a blood test by my doctor or should I just get a cheaper brand pregnancy test with the control and pregnant lines? I am unsure. But I am not worried about if I am pregnant other than my health for the baby if there is one. Please help. This would be my first pregnancy and my husband and I have only been married for a year, but I want to make sure. Please!

mummyneedinganswers Mon 17-Aug-15 22:59:25

Get a first response or semichem early predictor gave me a positive at 3 1/2 weeks x

ejackets Mon 17-Aug-15 23:03:12

Where do you find a semichem early predictor?

sarkymare Mon 17-Aug-15 23:42:36

Clear blue aren't the most sensitive tests around but at 10 days late for your period it should have no problem picking up HCG if you was pregnant. This isn't always the case but in the vast majority it is.

Look for a test that has 10ml sensitivity (this is the most sensitive you can buy) such as first response or even some of the pound shop/ stores own tests and take it with first morning urine before you have anything to eat and drink. Your urine will be concentrated so the pregnancy hormone will be easier to detect if it's there.

Best wishes.

horsewalksintoabar Mon 17-Aug-15 23:51:04

You're probably not. 10 days past your period would definitely show a positive unless you are one of those rare women who needs a blood test.
Just to be sure, I am going to echo what mummyneeding said: First Response, every time! It's just the best one out there in terms of early prediction. Even if it's a bit faint, that's a positive.
Have you been stressed or lost weight recently? I'd see your GP anyway, if the First Response comes back negative. You could then go for a blood test.
10 days past your period is a bit early to have symptoms but of course, every one is different. I've been very late in the past, like you, with nausea, cramps, etc. And then a heavy period would come. Whenever I've actually been pregnant, I've not had symptoms around or just after my period due date.

ejackets Tue 18-Aug-15 00:14:24

I haven't been stressed or lost weight. But I am gradually gaining weight. But nothing too alarming. So I'm probably not pregnant, so should I get one of the first response early detector tests? I did the math & if I were pregnant I would be anywhere from 6 wks-3 wks pregnant. But I could be very wrong and just not pregnant. I just want to make sure and want to take the correct tests.

newbian Tue 18-Aug-15 05:45:27

Get another brand, definitely. The digital ones are less sensitive.

I had many cycles where period was 1-2 weeks late, had tender breast/nausea etc., and tested negative. I ended up seeing a doctor and my ovulation was irregular, so when I thought I was "late" I was just having a longer cycle and those were PMS symptoms.

As for drinking of course best to cut down or stop, but my view is if you're testing negative, in the small chance that you are pregnant it's not far along enough for hormones to be in your urine. Therefore the likelihood that a few drinks will have an effect seems very low. I drank after getting a negative when I was a day late and then a week later with no period I tested again and got a positive. 28+6 now, baby's development is perfectly normal, and I've had the most uneventful pregnancy with no complications at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now