Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I request to be induced ?

(8 Posts)
irgmama Mon 17-Aug-15 19:12:16

I am 40 +5 and have my second sweep tomorrow, so far I have had nothing not a twinge not a mucus plug no shows nothing bit what I am experiencing is really bad swollen feet (no problems with blood pressure) pain in my hips back and ribs from baby moving also that extreme shooting pain through my privates when baby moves head every morning I wake up and my fingers are locked and I am very constipated, I know these are things that most pregnant women have to deal with but I was jut wondering if I was to ask my midwife tomorrow to just book me in for induction at this point would she ? Or does she have to wait till a certain point without any serious reason ? Any advice appreciated

bodenbiscuit Mon 17-Aug-15 19:15:40

Is it your first baby? If so I would think long and hard about induction at this stage. The dreaded syntocinon drip is extremely painful - much more so than natural contractions and once you begin on that path you have to see it through til its bitter end.

I had an induction which was extremely quick and not too painful but it was my third baby and I went into hard labour after just the gel insertion.

irgmama Mon 17-Aug-15 19:23:44

It's my second my first was 4 days before due date naturally

irgmama Mon 17-Aug-15 19:25:54

I have heard that being induce is more painful but I literally feel like it's going to end in being induced anyway so why go through these things any longer

GoooRooo Mon 17-Aug-15 19:27:03

I had an induction on syntocin with my first baby and didn't find the contractions hideous at all so I think it varies from person to person.

You can always ask! I have no idea if they have to follow set guidelines though.

bodenbiscuit Mon 17-Aug-15 19:27:30

Well I guess you can never tell how any labour will pan out but if your body has done it before the odds of it being more straightforward are better. If you are in a lot of pain then I don't blame you for asking!

bodenbiscuit Mon 17-Aug-15 19:28:22

Of course, with any induction you can request an epidural anyway but it just means you will have less control.

Tunafishandlions Mon 17-Aug-15 19:36:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now