Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.
Confession corner(37 Posts)
Right..27/8 weeks and getting twitchy...going to use this as a little confession booth - please add yours if also seeking absolution!
1. Tried for bloody ages for this baby and over the moon to be having him but often cranky as sin as whatever bone it is at top of bum kills, sleep interupted, sex life crap and crying all the time for literally no reason! Would swap none of this of course and think if knew was in this position 6 months ago would grab with both hands which just makes me feel even more of a twat! 2. Ate like a goddess trying to conceive and first trimester, Mcdonalds and diet coke crept in in second, odd glass of fizz at summer weddings now too and basically now regresssed to diet of 70% healthy and pure (max) 30% cheese on toast, dominos, chinese...
3. All my mum to be mates really into buying cute clothes and nurseries and sweet stuff. I have started to find this tedious and am mainly up for planning feast of soft cheeses and excellent port for when the kids come out.
4. Done loads of mental research into things that can go wrong and keep freaking self out. Can't believe this is normal, certainly isn't constructive.
Why can I not be smooth cheerful blossoming healthy pregatron?!
YES! What is that bone at the top of your bum hurting thing about?? Also in complete agreement re crap sex life (totally my fault as feel completely asexual!) and terrible sleep. More like 50% unhealthy foods here though and feel terrible that my thighs and arms are twice as big as they were. Don't get me wrong - this is also a much wanted and tried for pregnancy. There's nothing like a good moan though! ;)
Actually wondering if the bum pain needs its own thread...
Can I add my own I have forgotten how far I am????
I'm 13 weeks. It's been 9 weeks since I had a productive day in the office because I feel siiiiiiiiick and I want to sleep all day.
I'm fed up that I'm going to basically be wearing stretchy clothes for the next six months.
If it helps any, whilst pregnant with my dts, my diet consisted exclusively of:
Oasis apple and blackcurrant
McDonald's sausage and egg mcmuffins
Strawberry mini milks
Cheese on toast
Cream cheese and chive seabrooks
Apple (sliced into tiny pieces that I didn't have to chew)
And the occasional chip buttie
That was all I could keep down. Dts are both healthy, fit, and were a good, average weight at birth.
The same can't be said for my teeth...
The coccyx bone thing. What's that about? If I sit down too long it kills me but I can't stand that's exhausting too.
Nousers that sounds excellent...getting on it....anyone else planning amazing post birth feast? I want: epoisses, rare steak, oyster bay, salami...
onefootinthebed hahaha I do that ALL the time. I'm 33 weeks and I had a customer come up to me last week and ask me when I was due and I had absolutely No idea what she was talking about,. A colleague had to remind me that I was pregnant (never mind the
absolutely humongous bump right in front of my eyes. Smh lol) My midwife keeps saying that I should really know what week I am when etc but I figure as long as I know my app dates and due date it'll be fine. Also bum bone pain - yes and why? Its just so uncomfortable. Food wise (yes I'm going to blame my unborn son) I haven't been able to eat any fruit and veg (because hg is such a joy) so I have been living off of McDonalds, kfc, homemade tuna pasta with half a jar of mayo (Om nom nom). I've only just gotten into chocolate again but I seriously cant get enough!! Post birth I really need me some pâté!!!
I'm really fed up with people telling me I shouldn't be doing x,y,z when z,y,z are very necessary things that I wouldn't be doing if I had a choice. Like stripping wallpaper and painting rooms. They tell me not to do it but I don't see them volunteering to help.
I have eaten rare steak. I have eaten tuna too often. I have no idea how far along I am without looking at an app. I have about 3 glasses of wine a week (preceded by bucket loads of ranitidine). I have bought far too many new clothes for DC2.
I am due in about 3.5 weeks. Ish. (Yes, I needed to check my app).
I haven't bought any clothes for the baby yet. I'm 26 weeks along and I wandered around mothercare this morning feeling vaguely list, like I was looking for someone else's baby. I feel like the first thing I buy my son should be something momentous not a multipack of plain babygros from Tesco, but really that's probably what I'll end up getting as he'll grow out of them in 10 mins.
I already can't wait to get back in the gym and feel like 'me' again. Been swimming today for the first time in ages which felt amazing but I get so cheesed off that spd and general breathlessness is stopping me being the fit pregnant lady I was totally convinced I was going to be!
Great thread ...
Mine is unexpected pregnancy but was quite excited to find out and decided to keep the baby though I already finished with my ex by then.
It all started really well with healthy eating regular excercises etc and 24+5 weeks on . I've not done any exercise since 20 weeks. I've had tuna infact tuna jacket with tonnes of cheddar and mozzarella . I sometimes don't eat breakfast till 12pm starving beanie and can't explain why I've just changed suddenly from perfect miss Preggo to a waste of a mother to my unborn child. The amount of Chinese ( shredded chilli beef) that I have consumed not even taking into account the level of msg - I could name my child China ! It's awful
I totally agree OP, was desperate to get pregnant and took over 18 months, but now at 24 weeks and still feeling crap I can't wait for this baby to come out so I can feel a little bit more human again and eat & drink what I want! (In fact I'm quite keen to get baby's first year over and done with too as I really struggled with DD1...)
I phoned in sick today (first time in 9 years) and basically been in bed all day watching daytime TV and eating in bed
I have eaten medium rare steak, I have had runny eggs several times and will have it several times more as it is delicious!!
I swore that as soon as morning sickness wore off, I would return to gym.. 2 weeks of feeling great and I have NO desire to go to the gym ( I will swim tonight though).
I drank more fizzy pop in the first 16 weeks than I have ever drank pop in my life.
I swore I would not buy anything for this baby as people buy you so much.. I had bought the pram by 17 weeks, the nursery is finished bar a lightshade, there are (very few) clothes in the wardrobe.
I spend most of my days on mumsnet reading pregnancy and baby name threads when I should be working.
I am about to have dominos and nice cold glass of oyster bay as recommended by doctor friend as medicinal for the fact had meltdown tonight been stressing about fact been stressing!!!! amazed by you glinda - am 28 weeks tmrw and my baby's room filled with hub's playstation...tv....desks....looks like weird newsroom!
I swore I wouldn't eat for 2, that I would only eat healthy food and would only put a maximum of 28lbs on in total! I had already put on 14lbs at 10 weeks, I haven't weighed myself since, 15wks now. I am hungry all the time and mostly eat unhealthy food. Butter on everything. Chocolate, chocolate and cake.
I've been eating tuna sushi at least once a week.
I already have a huge box full of unisex baby clothes and a small box of girl's clothes (wishful thinking) but I'm having a boy. Bought a 2nd hand cot off ebay that we can't get in the front door, so sat in the garage until we take it apart.
29 +3 here and fed up. Romped myself this time I'd enjoy it but I don't. Being pregnant is a fucking chore.
1. Really bad morning sickness that tailed off at about 22 weeks but slowly seems to be returning. I cooked a whole chicken at the weekend but had to throw it out as the cooked chicken smell made me vomit every time I opened the fridge. WTF!!
2. Have very bad SPD. Off work for 5 weeks so far and signed off until my mat leave starts. Can't leave the house without OH as can't walk without crutches (and even then not very far).
3. Can't sleep (see above) and the fucking neighbours are having a porch built so all I hear all fucking day is builders and drilling and noise. I just want to sleep.
4. I want to have a proper poo. Since I missed my period I've been in this cycle of constipation followed by a day of shitting followed by constipation. It's an endless cycle of pain.
5. Had to give up swim club and cycling ( I enjoy the odd triathlon) and just feel fat and lazy. Plus in so much pain with pelvis now worried I'll be permanently damaged.
6. DS has vomited for last two days and now I think he has croup. FFS. Obviously worried about him, he's feeling so sorry for himself but fuck me I'm knackered.
7. A diced to fizzy sweets and sugary pop. I've not drank caffeine for nigh on 5 years but suddenly can't get enough full fat Pepsi into me. I've had to have to fasting GTTs but so far haven't given myself diabetes.
8. I just want to get pissed and have bought a small bottle of fizz to sip in hospital once DD is out. I've had the odd alcoholic beverage but have had to can it as I'm afraid I might to let loose and get drunk.
9. Crazy dreams! When I do manage to fall asleep I dream like I'm on acid. Been up since 3am after dreaming someone cut their own intestines out. Where has my subconscious mind unearthed that from.
10. Starting to panic something bad is going to happen in labour.
Baby is much wanted and I feel shit being such a moan bag. Feel like I'm being a crap mother to DS too but why oh why couldn't I just glow. Just a tiny bit. Just one day when I feel wonderfully, attractively Feminine. Bah!
Romped! Meant promised. Bloody iPad autocorrect.
I feel really bad, I suffer with ibs and was told by DP to avoid all food that will set it off...fat chance that's what I've been craving. I've tried to eat healthy and most days I have had at least one thing that's good for you, but that one meals doesn't cross out all the takeaways I've had, the chocolate, sweets, fizzy pop...no wonder I'm. big for 19+3 with my first haha
I've got to come clean - just seen that thread about diet coke... Made executive decision coke better than diet and now properly addicted..... Also convinced self that becks blue is effectively a health drink but probably as bad as coke....ate leftover dominos for breakfast twice this week so obv had dominos for four meals... Just basically seem to have two modes at present: mad paranoid anxious psycho googling everything and freaking out or totally reprehensibly couldn't care less . Plus, so so hot in London am sweating just sitting down so feel like deserve treat and happy mummy happy baby right?!!!!
Great thread! Loads of confessions from me....I've eaten blue cheese. And Brie. I probably have an extra cup of coffee every day to what I should. I've done nothing for the baby except drag all the baby stuff down from the loft and put it in the cot in DS room (3rd baby). We've decided what we're naming the baby but I secretly hope that it doesn't suit him so I can
win choose my preferred name which DH has currently rejected. I have SPD so can do basically nothing, so have gained 3.5 stone and I'm only 33 weeks. I keep forgetting to do my blood glucose readings. All I can think about is not being pregnant any more, I've had a miserable pregnancy this time and I'm bloody exhausted and have been for months....having CS at 38 weeks so have 4.5 weeks to get everything ready, washed and prepared, plus come to terms with the fact that not being pregnant any more actually means new baby. On the plus side, I have major cleaning/nesting urges, so while I haven't washed a babygro yet, I did clean out my kitchen cupboards this morning.....
I've spent way too much time on mn and not enough doing useful stuff, like researching buggies or packing away clothes!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.