Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough vaccine when ill

(4 Posts)
quesadillas Mon 17-Aug-15 10:19:31

Hi,

Booked in for my whooping cough vaccine tomorrow at 33 weeks. Problem is, I'm ill with a cold/sinus type thing. Anybody know if I should postpone? Docs don't take non-urgent calls in the morning, Thought I'd see if anybody here knew. I'm quite I'll, very achy and snotty, although sore throat has eased somewhat. I've been I'll for 10 days. I'm due to give birth at 37 weeks so anxious to get it done ASAP.

Thanks.

Junosmum Mon 17-Aug-15 11:43:27

There is no medical reason to postpone. The whooping cough vaccine isn't 'live' so won't negatively affect your immune system when fighting a virus already. However you could postpone if you don't feel up to it. It is likely to lead to a sore arm!

scarednoob Mon 17-Aug-15 13:12:13

I would call your doctor - I was sent away and told to come back in 3 days as I was fighting a cold. I don't think they were bothered about anything to do with the baby, simply that I was already feeling poorly and if I had been one of the people who reacted badly, I'd have felt even worse!

in the event, I had a slightly stiff arm for about 12 hours and nothing else!

Skiptonlass Mon 17-Aug-15 13:46:49

There's no reason to postpone - unless you're carrying some horrid lurgy you don't want to subject the waiting room to smile I'd just get it over and done with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now