Talk

Advanced search

Confused - not sure if I'm pregnant :(

(19 Posts)
LolaStarr Mon 17-Aug-15 10:19:15

I did a clear blue digi test on Thursday at around 10am, and got pregnant 1-2 weeks. I would have been 12DPO then. Did one again this morning, same time of day and with a 3 hour hold, and got not pregnant. Peed on a couple of cheap tests and they had positive lines, but not very strong. Could the clear blue have been a false positive?

ProbablyMe Mon 17-Aug-15 10:26:25

Hi, I had very similar happen to me a few months ago. It was a very early miscarriage or chemical pregnancy. Very sorry.

LolaStarr Mon 17-Aug-15 10:44:19

That's what I'm afraid of sad thank you

Indomitable Mon 17-Aug-15 10:53:31

There will be variation in the concentration of HcG in your urine, which at this stage could be the difference between +ve and -ve on a clearblue test. I didn't get a clearblue +ve till 17DPO.

Test with a more sensitive test (clearblue are sensitive to 25mIU/ml, the first response are 12mIU/ml and Internet cheapie are typically 10mIU/ml) and/or wait at least 3 days. The game's not necessarily over yet.

LolaStarr Mon 17-Aug-15 11:01:26

The ones I'm getting definite but not very strong positives on are the 10iu ones. On a 25iu I'm getting a v faint line but definitely one there. They're all just the same as they were last Thursday, it's just the digi that's came back negative

Indomitable Mon 17-Aug-15 11:22:25

I got squinty-faint lines on 13 & 14 DPO, then darker but still faint on 16 & 17 DPO (digi said yes first thing on 17DPO) and didn't test again till 21 DPO when I got the super-fast dark-as-control-line one. All on cheapies.

I'm thinking you're 16DPO today? That's still very early. Try a digi tomorrow with first morning wee (not 10am when it'll be more dilute).

LolaStarr Mon 17-Aug-15 11:24:52

Ok I will, thank you. I'm having such a hard time with it all, I lost a baby at 21 weeks in April and we've just started TTC again this cycle. It would have been my due date on Thursday so I could have done without this this week sad

Staceyaa Mon 17-Aug-15 12:32:38

I had this around a year ago, got a positive, then 1 day later got a negative, went to doctors for blood test first test come back border line so went for a other and it come back negative, was a chemical pregnancy, hope it's different for you sad

fuzzywuzzy Mon 17-Aug-15 12:41:26

Lola good luck, hopefully it's just that as it's not FMU, it's too diluted to pick up the hormone in the later sample. Try agai tomorrow morning with FMU.

I had this with a chemical pregnancy also but with the followig days FMU turned out negative next morning.
Was really heartbreaking.

Good luck.

ProbablyMe Mon 17-Aug-15 12:53:42

I sincerely hope it isn't Lola. I lost a baby at 16 weeks in January followed by a chemical pregnancy in March. Wishing you all the best.

LolaStarr Mon 17-Aug-15 17:08:45

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'm not getting my hopes up at the minute. I'll update in the morning

MrsPCR Mon 17-Aug-15 21:43:37

Fingers crossed. Is AF late yet? You're not put remember until AF rears her ugly head.

LolaStarr Mon 17-Aug-15 22:28:57

Yeah I'm two days late now MrsPCR. I'm usually right on time.

LolaStarr Tue 18-Aug-15 08:09:27

So I just did another clear blue digi and a 15iu cheapie, both negative. Looks like it was a chemical sad

Indomitable Tue 18-Aug-15 08:52:46

Sorry to hear that Lola flowers

Roseybee10 Tue 18-Aug-15 09:05:09

So sorry xx

LolaStarr Tue 18-Aug-15 09:16:23

Thank you, it's fine, at least it's happened now and not at a later time! Onwards and upwards! smile

MrsPCR Tue 18-Aug-15 12:48:28

flowers sorry Lola.

Brummiegirl15 Tue 18-Aug-15 13:08:04

I'm so sorry Lola it does sound like a chemical pregnancy.

Fingers crossed for next month. Do not give up. I've had 3 mcs in a row and I'm now 16 weeks pregnant and heard the heartbeat for the first time this morning.

Keep believing flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now