Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

personal experiences.... is my baby ok??

(13 Posts)
juniorbabybump123 Sun 16-Aug-15 12:52:09

I'm 20 weeks pregnant & haven't felt the baby move for about 6 days. I have been very busy during those days. I Havnt had any bleeding & only normal back & stomach ache? So scared is my baby ok

swashbucklecheer Sun 16-Aug-15 12:55:10

You need to take time out lie on your side for 30 min and concentrate on feeling baby move. If you still don't feel anything then you need to contact your maternity unit asap

MrsAukerman Sun 16-Aug-15 12:58:51

20 weeks is early to be worried about movements. Baby's probably just flipped round. Still, just to put your mind at rest have a big glass of ice cold orange juice then lie on your side for half an hour until you can feel something.

BeautifulBatman Sun 16-Aug-15 13:02:42

I agree with MrsA - 20 weeks is still quite early and the baby is still small enough to move to areas you can't feel. Do the cold drink thing and see what happens.

smurkedsalmon Sun 16-Aug-15 13:05:47

Do as the others say, is this your first? 20 weeks is still early for feeling movements if it's your first.

However I think 6 days is a long time but if you say you've been busy they are easy to miss at this stage.

Grab a cold drink.. lie down and really relax for a while.

Doublebubblebubble Sun 16-Aug-15 20:42:09

I echo everyone's sentiments -
20 weeks is quite early
Lie down on your side - with no distractions and concentrate on the baby
Drink something cold/ eat ice cream
If you still don't feel anything after 30 minutes, give you midwife/dau a call

Xx good luck xx

Doublebubblebubble Sun 16-Aug-15 20:44:59

Add: And ask for further advice

It is very very possible at this stage that baby has turned and is is kicking towards the placenta/empty space.

Good luck ��

Topsy34 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:27:52

It is early to monitor kicks, but i would now take the time to try and lay down and concentrate on any movements.

You need to lay on your left, make sure your body is supported. A cold drink is a good idea, but not a huge amount as that can cause tummy rumbles which can be mistaken for movement.

My mw said that if you have no negative symptonms (bleeding, cramps) then assume all is well

If you still cant feel movement, a call to your midwife or maternity unit is a good idea

Fugghetaboutit Sun 16-Aug-15 21:31:38

It's not too early.

If you were feeling regular kicks before and they've stopped, then call your midwife tomorrow morning.

contractor6 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:34:10

Try playing music on your phone to it? Used to start my bump off at 20 weeks when I was worried

withalittlebitofluck Sun 16-Aug-15 21:35:56

Ditto advice above. Cold coke.. Chocolate bar. Give it a hour... If you feel something isn't right then call your midwife unit. Most will be happy to help you as you worrying is not good. You can just call them they will tell you what to do next. Hugs op

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 16-Aug-15 21:38:55

I'm 21 weeks and haven't felt any movement yet due to an anterior placenta. I've been told it's not a concern until around 25 weeks.

Shootingstar2289 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:40:37

20 weeks is still quite early! I didn't feel any movements with my first until 24 weeks but I felt flutters from 16 weeks with my second. At this stage movements are still quite weak and it might be easier to miss them especially if you are busy and babies still have plenty of room to move at this stage.

But if you were feeling your baby move regularly and now, not so much contact your midwife to put your mind at ease.

I would have a quiet few days for movement then she would move a lot for a few days etc. caused me so much worry and msny trips to be checked but she was fine every time but it's best to get checked smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now