Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after several losses... But this feels like it might be ok?

(25 Posts)
Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 11:30:38

Have had two late and one early loss. Just found out yesterday I'm pregnant again- vvvvv early, haven't even missed my period yet (due Tuesday) haven't even told my husband yet as hoping it's not chemical. Am on progesterone and had some spotting which seems to have stopped now. I'm feeling sick and craving orange juice and trying to feel hopeful! Did it feel any different when you had a successful pregnancy after loss? X

mummyneedinganswers Sun 16-Aug-15 11:35:51

I had four miscarriages and lost all by 6 weeks prior to this one. When I found out I went on progesterone and aspirin although didn't feel pregnant and nearly lost this one too when a cyst ruptured in my ovaries two days after I got my BFP but she's a fighter and still here at 24 weeks. Try to relax even though it's hard stay positive and take your progesterone and folio acid.

Hoping everything goes okay for you this time. We will always worry being pregnant after losing babies but have faith and get your gp to refer you for an early scan x

Purpleball Sun 16-Aug-15 11:37:24

I've had 2 pregnancies, the first ended in early MC. This pregnancy felt very different from getting the BFP. I'm now 34 weeks

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 11:37:45

When did you tell husband? At the moment I'm enjoying just keeping it to myself as feels less stressful that way!

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 11:40:04

I got this bfp through soy isoflavones too, which is making me feel a bit worried as read there might be link to miscarriage?! Also worried pregnancy will end but progesterone will just keep it in, making me think it alright...

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 11:40:16

And breathe ��

mummyneedinganswers Sun 16-Aug-15 11:41:02

My partner was there web I took the test he would have been fuming if I didn't tell him just because I lost all mine so early he wouldn't be happy no having known and if I hadn't of told him he would have found out when the cyst burst anyway as they misdiagnosed as ectopic pregnancy before realising it was a burst cyst, you tell him when you feel comfortable and ready to x

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 11:43:04

My husband is so laid back he's practically vertical- he won't mind. I will tell him when I've actually missed a period I think! Though I am off for a boozy lunch today so he might notice it's much less boozy than usual!

TheOriginalWinkly Sun 16-Aug-15 11:45:29

My first pregnancy I knew it wasn't right even though I had symptoms, I went for a private scan at 10 weeks and they told me it was a MMC. Next pregnancy even though I was scared, deep down I knew it would be okay and it was. I think your intuition can know more than your conscious mind and hopefully this is the case for you OP.

mummyneedinganswers Sun 16-Aug-15 11:45:53

Yeah I never drank so could have hid mine well just tell him you don't feel well so aren't drinking x

Roseybee10 Sun 16-Aug-15 12:03:27

I had two early miscarriages before falling pregnant win my dd1.
It definitely felt different. With the two I lost I had a terrible upset stomach the whole time. I never had that with dd1. Also had a very strong line with dd1 but bery faint with the two we lost.
I know people with faint lines are usually fine but for me it wasn't a good sign if that makes sense.

Congratulations and good luck. Xx

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 12:14:54

My line is really really strong- not even due in til tues! Pretty sure it's not ectopic. Twins perhaps? Good lord!

contractor6 Sun 16-Aug-15 12:38:58

Sickness is good! I mc last November had no ms that time. Got pregnant on January and was being sick within 5 days, there's an old wives tale about strength of bean and naseau, I think its true! Good luck xx

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 12:42:04

Just told my husband. He asked 'is it mine?' Which broke the tension. (He was joking obvs) have agreed not to talk/think about it until we reach 10 week mark.

Roseybee10 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:07:08

Yeh that's a good sign with the line!!

To be fair though every pregnancy is different. I had terrible nausea straight away with dd1 and then nothing with dd2 til 8 weeks and then my god it was even worse than dd1. I was convinced that I was going to lose dd2 as I didn't have a lot of symptoms early on.

X

Kangaroosjump Sun 16-Aug-15 13:14:31

Strong line is good as means more of the hormone being produced

Sickness or symptoms completely unreliable measures, you can have everything and it's not ok and nothing and it's fine. I had no symptoms physically with DS until he kicked other than a bit of coxic pain a few weeks in that I never connected, mind I had the same pain a few months ago and definitely wasn't pregnancy causing it!

Only thing you can do to help anything is try and relax thanks

Imnotaslimjim Sun 16-Aug-15 13:25:28

I had 4 chemical losses and 2 9-week losses and nearly gave up hope. Then I fell pg with DS and somehow just knew it was sticking around

Tell your DH, let him celebrate with you

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 18:15:25

Thanks all! If this one pops out in 9 months time I will be beyond thrilled ��

Brummiegirl15 Sun 16-Aug-15 20:16:47

Good luck op!! I've had 3 mcs and am now 16 weeks.

Don't give up!!!!

raffle Sun 16-Aug-15 20:23:20

Our first pregnancy didn't feel 'safe' at all, which no one could understand (not even me) as it was my first time being pregnant and I had nothing to compare it to. It was like a sense of impending doom.

I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I actually felt relieved and thought 'ok, now I'll get pregnant properly'.

Luckily I got pregnant a few weeks later and I had no negative feelings at all. I felt happy and properly, really pregnant. All was fine, DS is 6 now.

Good luck smile

Tollygunge Sun 16-Aug-15 20:29:42

It's such a bloody head fuck isn't it?! When I fell pregnant with my daughter I cringe to think how naive I was. I pretty much told EVERYONE straight after the test, including all my work colleagues. It didn't even occur to me that something could go wrong. Very different now. I wouldnt feel comfortable telling anyone until after 20 weeks.

Tollygunge Mon 17-Aug-15 14:29:16

And today I'm convinced it will fail or there will be defects because of soy isoflavones. Need to step away from Google.

Miffyonline Mon 17-Aug-15 15:48:34

It certainly messes with your head! Found out a few days ago I'm pregnant, 3 months after mc, and I'm a bag of nerves, especially because I have got many symptoms...

couldthisbeit Mon 17-Aug-15 15:54:54

We had 4 losses (1 mmc at 12 weeks and 3 between 6&8 weeks) before ds now 4 and then conceived first try and had ds now 2. It is so hard I know but just keep positive and try as much as you can to relax. We had no cause found for our losses and in both pregnancies I felt different to my previous 4 and felt a sense of this being ok. I wish you all the best for a successful pregnancy xx

Tollygunge Tue 18-Aug-15 09:58:22

Well, I'm not even due on until today, so hopefully this won't be a chemical! Fingers crossed. Feeling a bit weirded out by emails from zita west, whose care I'm under, saying 'congratulations!' Though as my husband pointed out what else are they meant to say?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now