Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

second baby due 2 week after first baby maternity leave ends. What is a best way to get maximum benefit SMP or MA

(8 Posts)
Bevline123 Sun 16-Aug-15 08:53:28

My second baby due in December second week & my first baby maternity leave is finishing on last week of November. As I took 52 week maternity leave for first baby. Any suggestion will be really helpful to know to get best out of it SMP or MA. To get SMP what should I do now. Please anybody can suggest.

EdithWeston Sun 16-Aug-15 08:56:52

How long have you been with this employer, and did you receive SMP or MA for this baby?

Bevline123 Sun 16-Aug-15 09:38:35

Around 11 years & they said I need to claim MA for second baby which is due in coming December. With my first one I received SMP & 90% for six week.

mrstothemr Sun 16-Aug-15 14:32:45

I don't know the answer but would suggest calling acas, think they should be able to advise

AlpacaMyBags Sun 16-Aug-15 14:40:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheNumberfaker Sun 16-Aug-15 14:45:10

Have you looked at / spoken to Maternity Action?
www.maternityaction.org.uk/wp/

EdithWeston Sun 16-Aug-15 14:52:06

There is useful information here.

www.maternityaction.org.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/pregnantonmaternityleave.pdf

You might qualify for SMP, depending on what your earnings were in the qualifying period. If not high enough, then you qualify for MA.

Do check you give the right notice at the right times.

AlpacaMyBags Sun 16-Aug-15 16:00:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now