Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage risk

(5 Posts)
Emmalbae Sat 15-Aug-15 22:31:56

I've read online that if a heartbeat is seen at 9 weeks gestation the risk of miscarriage drops significantly. Is this true if you've had vaginal bleeding in pregnancy which cleared and then you saw the heartbeat. Or is my risk still higher as I've had two cases of bleeding one at 4 weeks and one last week

ChazzerChaser Sat 15-Aug-15 22:34:32

My understanding is that's the case whether you've had bleeding or not. Bleeding can be a bad sign, or it can be nothing. I've bled with all 3 of my pregnancies, only one was a miscarriage. So I don't think bleeding in itself changes those odds. Just my understanding though.

MissSMartin Sun 16-Aug-15 10:10:17

hiya! this is from the misscarrige association website-

Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%.

A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks that goes up to 99.4%.

VixxFace Sun 16-Aug-15 10:30:41

I had bleeding from 7 weeks, saw a heart beat at 9 plus 3 and miscarried at 10 weeks.

sebsmummy1 Sun 16-Aug-15 10:36:18

I think that sounds really positive OP. I bucked that statistic because my baby ended up having Downs, so we lost it at 11 weeks after seeing the heartbeat at 9 weeks.

I would say that as long as it's a good egg the fact that you've seen a heart beat is a really good sign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now