Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chorizo in pregnancy

(11 Posts)
Emmalbae Sat 15-Aug-15 20:05:13

I ate out today and had nachos with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chorizo and chicken.
I asked and she said the chorizo was cooked and on the menu it's described as crispy chorizo but I've just found out chorizo is bad in pregnancy.

Emileelogan Sat 15-Aug-15 20:08:25

I think if it's cooked you will be fine it's just the cured chorizo that should be avoided as it's cured not cooked so effectively raw... Check NHS website if u are UK based .. I love it so it's one of the first things I checked lol xx

moonshine25 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:09:06

As long as it was cooked it's fine smile

mummyneedinganswers Sat 15-Aug-15 20:15:25

I always eat chorizo I'm 24 weeks aslong as its cooked it's fine

Frillsandspills Sat 15-Aug-15 20:17:33

I ate uncooked chorizo a few weeks back and mentioned it to my midwife and she didn't seem concerned at all as it was a one off sort of thing.
Don't worry if it's cooked, or if it's raw but has been frozen for at least 3 days prior to eating it that's perfectly fine.

docmcstuffins1 Sat 15-Aug-15 21:09:02

I eat cooked chorizo most weeks :-)

MrsGentlyBenevolent Sat 15-Aug-15 21:15:33

I've eaten cooked chorizo, not raw (I miss it raw!!), cooking should kill any nasties, so don't worry.

Emmalbae Sat 15-Aug-15 22:09:54

Thanks. I checked with the waiter at the restaurant who said " it would have been cooked yes" so I guess I should relax about this

CityDweller Sun 16-Aug-15 14:50:17

Lord, I've eaten bucket loads of cured chorizo this pregnancy and my last one too. Dd is 2 and bright as a button. And current bump seems to be ok too.

Emmalbae Sun 16-Aug-15 18:53:12

Thanks.
I have vomited three times today and can't even keep water down it just comes back up and I'm terrified I'm ill from the chorizo.
I have no tummy pain. I know it's likely morning sickness as I've suffered throughout the last three weeks with on/off bad days but none the less still worried

levellingtheland Sun 16-Aug-15 20:29:47

Try to stop worrying. I was overwhelmed by all the food stuff at first but really it's just that chorizo is more likely to contain bacteria like listeria and cooking it kills the bacteria. Was it cooked with the chicken? Did it feel hot? It really does sound like it was cooked from the description. Try to do something to take your mind off it, if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now