Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Polycystic ovaries

(6 Posts)
Newtothis24 Sat 15-Aug-15 19:20:12

I don't know if I'm being overly anxious, but at my booking in appointment I forgot to tell my midwife that I have polycystic ovaries. I don't have a severe case and never been put on meds for them or anything, but I don't know if it is something I should phone and say sorry I forgot to mention? Or is it no big deal and I could wait for my next appointment to mention? This is my first pregnancy and unsure what or if it may cause any side effects?

CarShare Sat 15-Aug-15 19:38:10

I have PCOS and mentioned it to my midwife and asked if I'd need any extra monitoring (I'd read there was an increased risk of GD) and she said no, I'd just have the standard diabetes testing that everyone has.
I think it might be different for overweight women with PCOS (just based on threads I've read about consultant referrals on here). It wouldn't harm to phone up but I also think you'd be fine waiting until your next appointment and mentioning it then

lauraa4 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:19:23

I have PCOS and am being treated no differently to someone without it. Mention it at your next appointment but I wouldn't worry.

Fuzzyduck21 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:44:02

Just mention it at next appt as you will need a glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes. Don't worry tho, still plenty of time xx

Newtothis24 Sat 15-Aug-15 21:21:30

Okay thank you guys! Put my mind at rest smile xx

cheezypeas Sat 15-Aug-15 22:34:45

I'm another with PCOS. I have had the diabetes test, which I wouldn't have had otherwise (but had high bmi too). That test wasn't until 28 weeks though so you have plenty of time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now