Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C-section complications????

(4 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Sat 15-Aug-15 14:23:03

I gave birth on 8th Aug with C-Section. Since then felt ok but sore for first 2 days but now have infection on wound. Seeping puss! I'm fed up!! I'm showering 3 times a day to keep area clean & dry.

Can anyone else advice anything on this?

They took my stitches out on Wednsday & put steri strips on but they came off in the shower on Thursday anyway. And when midwife came to visit me at home on next day after I got discharged which was Thursday she said to take steri strips off anyway.

I don't no what to do... Feel very low & useless right now, can't do anything always in pain.

They have also given me antibiotics which I've got 3days left of.

CakeInMyFace Sat 15-Aug-15 17:03:52

I had an infection after my emcs 4 years ago with seeping. With mine they (my gp) did a swab to determine what type of antibiotics to prescribe. Are the antibiotics you are taking specifically for your infection? If its not getting better go to your gp as soon as possible for some different ab's.

MumToBe2015R Sat 15-Aug-15 20:18:13

While my stay at the hospital they did do a swab. first I was on 1 type of antibiotic then they changed it. Still doesn't seem to be getting better.

zen1980 Sat 15-Aug-15 22:55:15

I'm having similar problems at the mo. Had section 28th July. Had iv antibiotics in hospital for 4 days, in day of discharge took swab. Midwife visited an took stiches out bit didn't look properly before doing it an a bit of scar was open in middle. Next midwife got antibiotics and scar started weeping an needed dressing on. Since then hasn't got much better have had to have antibiotics prescribed again and another swab, on top of this I have managed to pop a bit on the left of the scar open cause I have done too much. angry feel completely helpless an on pain constantly,
Always taking codeine! On top of this I feel mega guilty as can't do anything much with my 5 year old.
Feel like never gonna get better but everyone tells me it will.
You would think id know this is my 2nd section.
I think you are doing the best think keeping clean etc keep on at midwife if you see no improvement x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now