Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Equivocal Rubella result

(6 Posts)
MissSMartin Fri 14-Aug-15 20:35:14

I had the MMR when I was young and after I got my blood results from my booking in appointment it came back to show that with rubella it's equivocal so they can't say I am or am not immune so obviously as it's a live vaccine I can't have it while pg as it can affect baby but they want me to have it after I give birth.. since I intend of breastfeeding will this affect me wanting to do this/potentially affect baby?
Just wondering if anyone else had this query or experience.. Thanks grin

eurochick Fri 14-Aug-15 20:40:09

Just avoid any children who might have rubella. There's nothing else you can do at this point. It won't affect breastfeeding. Have the vax before any future pregnancies if you want to.

MissSMartin Fri 14-Aug-15 20:42:10

if it's a live vaccine could it not be passed through my milk? and I will definitely before I ttc in future as I hear rubella can be quote serious especially in the 1st T .. thanks

milliemanzi Fri 14-Aug-15 21:10:09

I had an occupational health check at work whilst about 4 or 5 weeks pregnant and they told me I was not immune to rubella and needed the vaccine, but when I had my booking in bloods they came back to say I that I DID have immunity, bit confusing.

lilac3033 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:14:57

I just had it yesterday and I'm breastfeeding. Nurse said no issues at all.

MissSMartin Sat 15-Aug-15 19:22:16

Oh great! thanks smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now