Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fainting harmful to baby?

(4 Posts)
April2013 Fri 14-Aug-15 15:48:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CheesyWater Fri 14-Aug-15 20:12:18

I always lie down and stay lying down. It may be that you are getting up too soon?

My midwife couldn't get my blood at my 8 week booking appointment so, much to my joy, she referred me to the path lab at the hospital. It was the most pleasant, easiest blood draw I've ever had. And I had a lot of blood taken as I had a glucose tolerance test at the same time. Those nurses are experts.

CityDweller Fri 14-Aug-15 20:14:24

Is it the feinting you're worried about? Or the fact (as you seem to imply) that you think feinting can cause a miscarriage?? I think the latter would be extremely unlikely.

ARV1981 Sat 15-Aug-15 05:27:17

I had my blood taken at my 12 week scan appointment (not at the scan, but afterwards) by a plebotomist at the hospital. Could you ask for the same? Maybe just tell the midwife what you've just told us, that you're worried that you'll faint and that later in the pregnancy you think you'll be less likely to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now