Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant again 3 months after an Ectopic - bag of nerves

(12 Posts)
LauraJane1989 Fri 14-Aug-15 12:50:17

I found out 7 days ago I have fallen pregnant again, 3 months after having had an Ectopic an having to have my L tube removed. I initially attended my EPAU as advised by Doctor. They then took my bloods Monday and I had a HCG level of 168, 48 hours later took 2nd bloods for HCG and thankfully they had more than doubled at 384 which the nurse was super happy about. Going forward, she has booked me into a scan this Monday morning to make sure everything is in the correct place within the womb.

I'm just a bag of nerves, every twinge I feel I'm petrified that it could be something serious like another Ectopic?

I've had no symptoms like last time, I've had no bleeding, no pain, other than slight ache in centre and right side? Is that normal...

Just wish Monday would hurry! I'm on pins sad

MummyPiggy87 Fri 14-Aug-15 13:10:42

Hi Laura sorry I can't comment with any advice or anything but I just wanted to wish you luck, I hope all goes well. I think we're all very nervous when there's a date set for a early pregnancy scan no matter what the circumstance so i can relate to how your feeling. All the best thanks

LauraJane1989 Fri 14-Aug-15 13:24:34

Hi MummyPiggy87 - Very true I'm sire everyone feels the same with nerves, it's just the 'not knowing' sometimes I wish i had x-ray vision haha... i'll keep you posted and let you know Monday, hopefully my litble bean will be settling in nicely to its new home for next 8 months smile

mrstothemr Fri 14-Aug-15 13:46:34

Hi, I know just how you're feeling, we got pregnant after about the same amount of time after an ectopic pregnancy and I was so worried it would be the same again. I can't think that anything will calm your nerves other than actually seeing, but the percentages are in your favour.

At our first early scan they saw a sac only, at 5+5, in the right place but not as reassuring as I'd have liked. We waited the two weeks they recommended and they then saw the rest. Unbelievably relieved.

I'm now 28+1 and feel her often smile

Try to keep distracted if you can, easier said than done I know x

Nannyplum2029 Fri 14-Aug-15 14:07:16

Hello - I have some idea what you're going through and wanted to send you some positive vibes.

I had a traumatic ectopic experience (I didn't know I was pg), had a fallopian tube removed and then found out I was pg again exactly 3 months later.

The first 6/7 weeks were so tough and I was an absolute bag of nerves. I must have had had about 5 EPAU scans before they could finally confirm that it was a viable pregnancy in the right place and they saw the heartbeat. It was a horrendous time and I would freak out at every twinge etc.

It's easy to say but please try and relax as much as possible. It sounds like you have lots of positive signs and that you were get the reassurance you need on Monday.

The one lasting-effect of the ectopic was that I was super-anxious throughout my whole pregnancy with DC1. I don't think I had properly got over the trauma of the ectopic before finding out I was pg again. Hopefully, this will NOT be the case for you!

Take care and hope to hear your good news next week.

breakfastinbread Fri 14-Aug-15 14:18:58

This happened to me (but with a two month gap rather than 3). I too was an absolute bag of nerves before the check scan at 6 weeks. DS was in the right place, but they still needed a second scan a week later as they couldn't see a heartbeat the first time. He's now a happy, healthy, incredibly squishy 9 month old.

The slight ache you describe is normal, don't worry.

Plus, I think the odds of an ectopic are something like 10/1000 pregnancies, so having 2 ectopics would have the odds of 0.01% x 0.01% = very small number (if those sort of maths are correct in this case).

Good luck flowers

chasingtherainbow Fri 14-Aug-15 14:48:56

I had an ectopic treated with mtx and we fell pregnant again exactly 3 months after my last shot (i needed two) and about 2 months after my hcg reached zero.

I was utterly terrified.. we had a scan at 6weeks, and everything was perfect.

I'm now 27 weeks and it's not easy. It's not, it gets easier but the worrying never stops.. but I feel him daily and I'm so excited to meet him.

Congratulations and I'm wishing you a lovely uneventful 9 months.. x

LauraJane1989 Mon 17-Aug-15 12:46:02

Hi All, I had my scan this morning and saw the little sac where it should be which was a massive relief - they've measured me at 4 weeks so I'm back again next Monday to check everything is progressing well... I feel better knowing baby is in the right place, but as you say the worrying will never stop! Also congratulations everyone on the healthy babies! xx

mrstothemr Mon 17-Aug-15 13:14:24

That's brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you. Tbh I'm not sure the worrying stops even when they arrive smile

Hope you can start enjoying your pregnancy now x

LauraJane1989 Mon 17-Aug-15 13:23:47

I can imagine it won't atop when baby arrives.. As for enjoying my pregnancy, I think when I hit 12 weeks hurdle, i'll start to enjpy/relax smile
Thank you all for your kinds words xxx

Nannyplum2029 Mon 17-Aug-15 13:34:49

Great news! Take good care

LauraJane1989 Mon 17-Aug-15 13:50:55

Thank you! I'll keep you all posted throughout smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now