Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

fed up at 39+1 (I know I'm being impatient but still....)

(3 Posts)
Rosenwyn1985 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:02:02

Title says it all really, having a really tough pregnancy due to health compilations. My midwife has offered me an induction at any time (with a wait of about 5 days due to local hospital being busy) but I'm trying to hold out until full term, at which point she'll do a sweep and book me in. My firstborn was here at 39+4 and I'm basically just fed up.

I've hardly slept in days, the Braxton hicks are sometimes really regular (as in every 5 minutes last night and painful but they died off). I've got a toddler who i swear must think I've turned into the most boring parent ever. I'm sore and feel like I weigh a tonne, convinced this baby will be late. First time I had no symptoms until my waters broke and when they started baby was born in 5 hours so I'm anxious I won't recognise early labour. If I wasn't pregnancy I'd honestly say I was depressed I'm so lethargic!

Not sure what I'm expecting but just needed to vent! Haha!

NoMontagues Fri 14-Aug-15 10:33:07

What can I say except hang in there, you're on the home stretch now even though I know it feels interminable.

Mine were born at 39+1 and 39+4 and with my second, once I got to 39+2 I was furious- what the hell is this bullshit! I don't want to have a longer pregnancy than last time! But in the end it wasn't too long a wait.

Hope you go soon smile

Rosenwyn1985 Fri 14-Aug-15 13:08:27

Thanks, I know I'm being impatient but that's how I feel! First time was great because everyone I knew went over and I was convinced I would too. So lovely surprise! This time it's the opposite!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now