Talk

Advanced search

scared

(3 Posts)
themumfairy Thu 13-Aug-15 22:48:12

so after scaring myself by watching reruns of OBEM it's got me thinking of my previous births.

I was cut with my 2nd ds and was wondering if anyone who had been cut before needed it again in their next pregnancy.

I can still remember the pain of the cut now so really hoping I don't need to again

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 14-Aug-15 01:26:21

we have 7 children.

I had a massive episiotomy with my 1st as he had to be forceps delivery. it was horrendously painful. just awful.
took forever to heal, even when he was 8 m old I couldn't go for a walk longer than 40 mins as it was still so painful!

I did have different degree tears with 4 of them and I needed different amount/types of stitches

one was EMCS

I had no tears, therfore no stitches with DD . yay! grin
she is my only girl and was the smallest in all respect - weight and length and head circumference

so, there's absolutely no reason why you'd need another cut. but if it is needed you should be able to ask for a local anaesthetic injection. ask your MW if they are able to do that

Congratulations btw & good luck with the birth

BettyCatKitten Fri 14-Aug-15 01:31:17

Every pregnancy and birth is different. Stay away from OBEM!
Congrats on your pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now